Sapphire Dolphins and Aubergine Skies (Of Lost Legends)

Sapphire Dolphins and Aubergine Skies (Of Lost Legends)

A Story by Maxinne Marie
"

The story/narration for Class Leininger's Mr. and Miss Body Art 2008 contestants - mythical creatures representing the element water.

"

            The sun was slowly drowning itself into the deep. The wind swept through the waters calmly colliding with the shore of three oceans, where a timeless memory echoes quietly… where a hauntingly beautiful voice resonates forever…

           

            She watched the sapphire dolphins play in the aubergine skies reflected on the serenity of the waves. She listened to their music. With her presence and her song, in harmony with the dance of the waters, every creature was alive. She was the starlight of the darkest depths of the oceans, the queen of lost realms and ancient worlds hidden under the sea " a universe existing far beyond the dream of a dream.

           

            Far beyond the shore of three oceans, he emerged from the cold, forgotten waters of a lost kingdom. He watched the horizon. He knew, somewhere beyond the sunset, there existed an underwater empire of treasures… of stories and songs. He heard tales of crystal castles, of haunted voices… and of magic " a power stronger beyond all imagination… He wanted all that power. He thirsted for magic and treasures. He was king of the bold and fierce creatures that were once feared by all, until they vanished and were only thought of as myth. For eons, he was legend. Yet the time had come for that lost legend to be finally found. He and his ten thousand brothers will rise again.

 

            The mighty beasts surfaced from their dark abyss. They moved towards the horizon. They saw sapphire dolphins flying through the vast waters and somber sky, and so they made their journey through the currents that led to the shore of three oceans.

 

            For a moment, there were beautiful voices.

                        And then…

                                    In the next breath of time…

           Chaos. Tempests. The rage of the ocean was unearthed.

                       The war for the hidden empire began.

           

            Yet he had not ever imagined that the ruler of the crystal waters was unbelievably strong… and undeniably bewitching. It was her radiance that illuminated the crystal kingdom. It was her voice that made the sapphire dolphins dance.

           

            For twilights they had kept on with the battle.

 

            Until…

 

            She felt strange… She knew she was becoming fragile… at the sight of his glorious form, at his might  and strength, she was terrified, and at the same time, amazed.

 

            For the first time, he felt vulnerable. It was the first time that he saw lightning in the eyes of a living being that enthralled everything with her voice and beauty. In her presence, he grew weaker.

 

            He had fallen.

            Like a frozen teardrop, he drifted away in an ocean of longing.

 

            She had fallen.

            Like a drop in the ocean, her strength was no more.

           

            Fallen creatures.

                        Like gravity.

                                    Like Love.

 

            Suddenly, a light broke through the waters. And the impossible happened. The hidden kingdom of crystal rose to the surface.

 

            With the unison of the King of all water dragons and the sea nymph Queen, the lost empire suddenly emerged from the depths.

 

            For no weapon, no song, no strength, was more powerful than Love. And it was only with this magic that Atlantis, the Lost Empire, became lost no more.

 

 

© 2014 Maxinne Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this one.

It is written well, you weave in nice images for the reader, and it is overall interresting and keeps the attention.

Now Atlantis though made me think about the tv soap, stargate, which at first made it a bit difficult to relate to the story, but that's just me :p

Overall, a very good write!

Maybe you should try to make a sequel ...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maxinne Marie

10 Years Ago

Thank you!



Reviews

I thought this was a very delicate and refreshing tale. It provides some respite from conventional stories with its poetic nature. The writing seemed, to me, to be controlled and precise. I loved it.

I have to say, usually this kind of literature screws my mind up; I sometimes get a little lost but with this I had fun. I first thought 'she' was the sun. I watched a program about the deep sea and how in twilight all the sea creatures rise to the shallow depths, so I was mislead by my own mind, but the ending made it all clear to me and I said, 'ah, nice.'

Thanks you.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this one.

It is written well, you weave in nice images for the reader, and it is overall interresting and keeps the attention.

Now Atlantis though made me think about the tv soap, stargate, which at first made it a bit difficult to relate to the story, but that's just me :p

Overall, a very good write!

Maybe you should try to make a sequel ...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maxinne Marie

10 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

764 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2008
Last Updated on November 12, 2014

Author

Maxinne Marie
Maxinne Marie

Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
The Flightless Angel Maxinne Marie Belo Sentina. Portrait photographer, beauty/fashion blogger, aspiring musical theatre singer, poet, mermaid, RN. Graduated from West Visayas State University. Loves.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..