Cystein

Cystein

A Poem by Sean M. Addams
"

I tried something new in this new dark story poem. I used cyclops and gave him a frankenstein kind of story line of the sympathetic creature an outsider trying to fit in. hope you enjoy CYSTEIN :)

"

Horror or mythology? It's where we found a one eyed Cyclops hiding in a cave. Escaped through a magical portal from Pylos where it felt more like a slave. Gentle but misunderstood because of its appearance-definitely scary. Looking like a character from a Grimm dark fairy tale just outside the gates of a cemetery. Francine found the creature wounded and bewildered fright. She dressed it in dark clothing so it would blend in with the night. Starved from its journey she tossed frogs and snails to it that slithered down its throat. The two decided to escape in the darkness with a make shift boat. The river carried them away until they again came upon dry land. Off the boat they hurried the creature holding tightly to her hand. It sometimes awoke from nightmares remembering how it used to be burned and beaten. People running around hitting it with sticks afraid they would be eaten.  It only tried to hurt them to defend itself, but tragedy lived inside its name. It's new job was to kill others, but it felt remorse and was ashamed. It was thankful for the new freedom and with everything it had gave the girl some trust. Hoped to find a secret place to live and forced quickly to adjust.Unfortunately not every fairy tale has a happy end. A darker twist to this story shows the disloyalty of a friend.  Something happened in the night, a strange change of heart, no not lust. Her mischievous smile gave it a bad feeling of disgust.Francine thought with her fake kindness that she could fool a fool. As it looked deep into her eyes it could see her real intentions were so cruel. It couldn't deny the hurt and rage building, everything she offered was a false portrayal. Inside its soul was a heart that broke with the feeling of betrayal. She realized it saw right through her and what a look of shock. When the last thing she would ever see was the sharp end of a rock.. The human soul sometimes is not the best to become a teacher. In the end we discover a monster will always live inside this creature.                        

© 2017 Sean M. Addams


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmm? Well, there is some truth to this that (for me) pertains not only to creatures but people too. For inside some, there lurks monsters as this poem point out.

As far as sentence structure, rhythm, and rhyme, I think this one could use some revision.

Still a good one though Sean.



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Reminds me of the story "The Elephant Man".. the poor creature receiving such cruel treament which it doesn't deserve.. such a tragedy.. well written poem tale..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tragically cruel.

Good Read

Matthew

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmm? Well, there is some truth to this that (for me) pertains not only to creatures but people too. For inside some, there lurks monsters as this poem point out.

As far as sentence structure, rhythm, and rhyme, I think this one could use some revision.

Still a good one though Sean.



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2017
Last Updated on October 7, 2017

Author

Sean M. Addams
Sean M. Addams

Davidson, NC



About
" border="0"> I started writing when I was five but didn't take it seriously until 15 . I wanted to express what I was working on in art class on paper and poetry was the best outlet. I was fir.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Cats Black Cats

A Poem by Robin