My Singapore Voyage

My Singapore Voyage

A Story by Sekhar Chowdhury
"

My journey

"

The long four hours in the flight didn’t really seem boring as I headed to a completely new land- Singapore. I travelled in a group, with all stranger faces for me. It was a company trip for the advisors who have achieved a certain target and so, were paid for their work by honoring them with this trip. Since my dad didn’t turn up, so I enjoyed on his behalf.

Soon after the immigration process, we were asked to head towards our bus which took us to Hotel Holiday Inn, Atrium. Throughout the journey our tour guide DiDi (they generally take a nickname by taking the first two letters of your first name and last name) explained us the various rules we should abide by. No eating in bus, no throwing of stuffs in bus, no standing in bus while it is moving, no spitting and many more. The city was so well planned and neat and tidy, that it actually looked as a fairy world. Trimmed and nicely planted flowers and trees surrounded the beautiful roads. The roads were either six or eight or more lanes with no hard bumpers or broken areas. The footpath was leveled a bit up and was inclined towards the road for proper drainage. The shops were asked by the government to extend their roof to cover the footpath in front of them so that the crowd doesn’t face difficulty in walking in rains. Traffic signals were so strictly followed that there wasn’t really a traffic police standing anywhere, but still the traffic was duly followed.

Punctuality is one of the vital norms that every people there duly followed. Even a single minute delay can cost you dearly. The Chinese, Muslims and Hindus hold the majority population (in order). The Chinese and Indians hold the top two places in the list of maximum visits to Singapore. To a few fabulous places we visited- Sentosa island, sea aquarium, Merlion statue, Marina Bay Sands, Mustafa Market, etc. �" these were really worth going and having a perfect click. Everyday in Sentosa island there is a show which truly depicts the features of laser light, named as The Wings of Fire- a twenty minute show, which was again worth spending. The food menu included varieties of noodle types, salads, sea foods, chicken, pork and beef (Special Jain food was cooked for veggies). To conclude, the city is an awesome place to visit, though it didn’t seem that they are really fun loving guy (as confirmed by our tour guide too), very well maintained but costly too.        

© 2017 Sekhar Chowdhury


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on September 19, 2017
Last Updated on September 19, 2017
Tags: Travel

Author

Sekhar Chowdhury
Sekhar Chowdhury

Siliguri, WEST BENGAL, India



About
An Avid writer who takes up ideas from the nature and tries to deliver in his own way..My words will surely touch your heart.. more..

Writing