The Death of Robert Charles

The Death of Robert Charles

A Story by Shannon Phelan

I've never been a people person. I don't enjoy the company of others. I don't have any friends, which is just as well because they'd never understand. My name is Robert Charles, I live alone with my dog and work part-time, occasionally dabbling in voluntary work. I don't enjoy giving my time for free, but there is a purpose as to why. I have a need that must be satisfied. As I stand over my own dead body, I can see how it got out of hand. The beginning is always a great place to start.
My part-time job is nothing special, just a few hours in a DVD rental store. It barely passes the time. I don't see the point in even having them around, no one rents anymore, they're all so obsolete. Its not even a great looking store and night shifts are always the worst. I would usually get some lonely, old, fat woman renting "How to lose a Guy in 10 Days" with her packet of Doritos in hand looking miserable. And it makes me sick. Sometimes I wonder,  if I could venture out of my comfort zone and pursue a random donor, but no its too risky, she could be carrying anything. I need them clean, pure almost. 

My passion lies with my voluntary work. I say work, its more of a hobby. I get great enjoyment out of it. Just me, a clinical space and my donor. blood fills the bags....One pint. Two pints. She falls weak. Three pints. Four pints. Her eyes begin to close. Five pints. I think I might have enough. She's coming with me. Just in case. My cuts are just beginning to heal. Although I suck on them just to get the taste. its insatiable. There is nothing like it. 

Driving my van back to my warehouse. I do need a warehouse, and I never bring my hobby home with me. I love my dog too much to put him in danger. The girl, she's coming around, her head limply tossing around on my shoulder. she smells nice. Another perfect woman, inside and out. Into the cooler with the others. 

I unload the bags, and place them into another cooler, so the bodies don't contaminate my stock. I'm hungry. Slitting a bag open, the red liquid touches my lips and slides onto my tongue, the taste. oh the taste. Its warm, thick. Much better than my own. The girl stirs again. As I open the cooler she stumbles out. I didn't think five pints would do this. I must take more. Leading her to a chair, I sit her down, tying her up. She is the best I have ever tasted. My excitement overtakes me. 
I want her to feel the same way i do. I open my wound and press it against her lips. She will not budge. I hold her nose. Her mouth opens. She cries, louder and louder, her tears make a salty cocktail with her blood. "TASTE IT" I scream "TASTE IT"......
I slit her wrist and feed on her wound. I've never felt like this with the others. 

I grow weaker, she hasn't let go of my wound. her teeth sink into it this time. A piece of my flesh dangles in her mouth like a foul lion who has caught its prey. I can't let her get away. I get up on my feet, barely. and reach over on a table nearby for my hammer. Its gone. I'm dizzy. So much blood lost. I collapse. A searing pain at the back of my head. Its her. the hammer in her weakened hand. BANG! BANG! BANG! on my face. BANG! BANG! I've died now, but it looks like she's taking some sort of pleasure inflicting pain on me. I stand over my body at this point. BANG! BANG! My face is unrecognizable....BANG! 

THE END.......
 

© 2014 Shannon Phelan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully dark description of a character we can't help but want to learn more about. Is he a vampire? Is he an elaborate serial killer with way to much time on his hands? Robert Charles is Dexter Morgan on meth. This is not "the end"..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 17, 2014
Last Updated on November 17, 2014

Author

Shannon Phelan
Shannon Phelan

New Haven, CT, Ireland



About
Sapphire is an excellent diamond alternative that brings from it an attractive blue hue. Some women prefer the majestic glint of sapphire within the clear of diamond. This type continues to be showcas.. more..