What He Did

What He Did

A Story by Essa G
"

A very short story

"

He walks across the park towards me. He stops before me. We are alone. Everyone else has gone home. He had asked me to meet him here.

He looks at me. I meet his gaze evenly. Then he asks me something I am not prepared to answer.

“Will you go out with me?” he asks me.

I stare at him. I want to say yes. I want to say yes badly. But I know what my answer will be.

“No.”

His mouth opens slightly but I cut him off.

“You’re too late.,” I tell him.

“But this is what you wanted! And what I want!” he exclaims.

Everything that has been caged up inside me for the past year I am finally able to say to him.

“You’re too late. For the last year, I’ve watched you continuously start a relationship. Then you end them as fast as you started them. How do I know you won’t do the same to me? And yes, you’re right, it’s what I wanted. But I don’t want it anymore.” I take a deep breath before continuing.

“You gained my trust over the past months. And you’ve become a friend. But this? This is not something a friend would do. You left me trailing in the dust. Not just once, but many times. You acted like you cared. But you don’t. Because if you cared, you would’ve asked about how I really felt. You wouldn’t have left me waiting.

“And when you said you were deciding between me and her? I wanted you to choose me. But I didn’t say so, did I? No, I let you decide on your own without my influence on your decision. But you went and asked her the same question you’re asking me now. And you didn’t even tell me that you’d chosen her. I was waiting for you to tell me your decision. So when I found out later, I felt betrayed. You left me waiting.

“And even after I told you how I felt, you still brushed it away. You wouldn’t have asked the other girls the same question if you really cared about me. But you don’t.

“So no. I won’t. You’re too late.”


I turn around and walk away, leaving him behind to think about what he did.

© 2013 Essa G


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmmm, I like this, but I feel like you could have made something more with it. I like the detailed dialogue and such but you could turned this into an entire book, showing the intricacies of their relationship and such. Also, I would've liked to see what would happened afterwards. Nonetheless, it was a great short read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Essa G

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the tip :)
Yes, I would've made this into a book, but it takes a very long time and.. read more



Reviews

Sorry for taking me so long to read this wonderful story of yours.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Really short, but very very meaningful. Maybe you could add to this something like a background story to emphasize the girl's feelings. Other than that, great job! :))

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hmmm, I like this, but I feel like you could have made something more with it. I like the detailed dialogue and such but you could turned this into an entire book, showing the intricacies of their relationship and such. Also, I would've liked to see what would happened afterwards. Nonetheless, it was a great short read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Essa G

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the tip :)
Yes, I would've made this into a book, but it takes a very long time and.. read more
Thanks, Freida :)
Gotta go look up the word 'succinct' now :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I want to just say 'stupid boys' and leave it at that, he got exactly what he deserved playing those games, I remember it well, seems they continue into manhood too. Good story Essa.... short and succinct.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 23, 2013
Last Updated on October 23, 2013

Author

Essa G
Essa G

Fairfield, CT



About
I love to sing and baking, but singing the most. Writing is more of a hobby for me. I've written a novel called 'Silver' and I'm in the process of writing the sequel, which is called Prophetess. I hop.. more..

Writing
Your Voice Your Voice

A Poem by Essa G