Dain Bramaged

Dain Bramaged

A Story by Shadow of Sunshine
"

Green eyed, 17 year old, Jersey Walker is part of a gang. When he is instructed to kill a particular man, he gets in an accident and damages his brain, causing him hallucinations, and a undescribebly horrible accident occurs, changing his life forever.

"

      Dain Bramaged

 

“Hey Jersey” it was Puppy Dog, he ran to catch up with me. “I wanted to give you this before you go.” He said out of breath. Out of his leather jacket, he produced a sleek, shiny gun. “It’s loaded, so be careful” he said his tone filled with worry, I’d never done this before. The gun was heavy in my hand, I brushed it with my free hand feeling its cold and smooth power, power that could explode at any moment if I wanted it to. It made me feel tough. “ use it carefully” Puppy Dog warned “ You don’t want to get in any trouble with the law, Sniper will wring your neck if he has to save your f*****g a*s by some foolish mistake, he’s already not to fond of you taking on this job, so think, before you act, that’s all I’m saying.”

 “And goodbye!” he said, pulling me in for an unexpected hug.

“Take it easy Puppy Dog.” I would miss him that was for sure. I put the gun in my jacket and headed towards my destination, him to his.

My house was a small, dirty white cottage type house, located on the premises of a very weedy plot of land, on Montrose Drive. You had to be careful walking up the steps leading to the porch, I had a feeling that they would collapse any day now. The sun was sweltering, leaving me sweaty, and stinky. I opened the screen door, only to reveal emptiness, and a nasty stench coming from a moldy bowl of oatmeal. I went to go dump the bowl of oatmeal away, but in my doing so, I tripped on one of my brothers trucks, leaving me sprawled on the floor, kinda pissed. I pulled myself up unsteady at first, but regaining my balance. It wasn’t until then that I managed to get the bowl of moldy oatmeal to the kitchen sink. I made my way to my room, and opened my door, to my cluttered but homey room, every inch of the wall covered in posters, and every inch of the floor covered in stuff. I was not the most organized person in the world. I plowed over to my bed, and lay down.  I groped around for my headphones, and at last found them, and drowned myself in the world of music, a place where I wish I could always be. I started drifting off when a crash came from the front of the house. I sat up and listened.

“S**T,” “S**t, s**t, s**t” I got off my bed and went to the front porch, where my mom stood one foot on solid ground, the other stuck in the front step. “Oh, hi darling.” My mother said noticing me in the doorway, not acting in the least, as if her foot were stuck in her porch. “Bout time this broke.” She said smiling at me. My mom was the nicest and most cheerful person I think I will ever meet. No matter how bad the situation, my mom knew the right thing to do, to make anyone happy.  When I was thirteen, and my father was killed in a bar fight, all my mom said, when we were informed about his death, was, “Well that’s over.” But I knew she was torn up inside, even if their relationship hadn’t been going to well. Me, I cried like a baby, although I didn’t even like him, he used to get drunk and beat me if I got an A minus, or something ridiculous like that, so I didn’t have very much respect for my old man. After that, our family created a much closer relationship. “Let me help you” I made a move to help her get out of the porch. She handed me the groceries, but I made sure she didn’t hurt herself while pulling out her leg. Once we were safely in the kitchen and putting away the groceries, my mom (being my mom) asked the daily question,

“How was your day?” in which I gave her my usual reply,

 “Mother, school is one of those things, that over time, no matter how long, never, gets better. It will remain forever, as a hatred place to all human children.” She always smiles or even laughs at my reply, even though, she hears it five days a week, throughout the school years.

“I was thinking ‘bout grabbing a coffee, your welcome to come.” I asked, feeling myself falling asleep.

“That would be lovely. Would you mind stopping by the first grade, and bringing Jeremy along?”

“Fine with me.”

“Okay, just let me go get changed really quickly.” Ten minutes later we were on our way. When we got to Jeremy’s school, he was sitting all alone under a shady tree, while his classmates played capture the flag. My brother was a loner. When he saw us he smiled and ran over to our car.

“Hello my Jem, you ready? We’re just going to grab a coffee.” Jeremy knew that that meant a cookie for him, so he was a happy camper. As we were nearing the Bean There, Done That, an out of control car came spinning towards us, and before I could say s**t on a stick, we collided with the spinning car.

I didn’t know where I was, or who I was, but I did know, that the guy standing in front of me, was my victim, and I was ready to kill him. I needed a gun. I checked my coat pocket, and was surprised, when what should be their, but a gun. I pulled it out, and pointed it, aiming it at his heart. I pulled the trigger, and he fell down in an instant. I looked down at the body, and saw my mom, lying on the ground, in a pool of blood. I reeled back, and looked down again. I felt faint, I tried to calm myself, but I passed despite that.

I opened my eyes, revealing, much to my dismay, a skinned monkey hanging by its tail from the rafters. The monkey, squawked, and transformed to a purple chicken, with cows horns.

Jersey.” There was a pause. “Jersey, time for your medicine.” It had been eight weeks since the accident, and I still wasn’t improving at all, from my serious brain injury. My brother had been shipped off to an aunt in Idaho, meanwhile, I was stuck in the hospital, experiencing hallucinations, which made me, want to kill myself, but I couldn’t find a way.

“Jersey Walker” Called out the two headed captain. “Pirates er comin thees way, you’d betterrr follow me to safety.” The captain(s), led me downstairs into a dark room. He held his candle up so that I could see, illuminating, a torture chamber.

“This‘ll be quick ‘n painfill, so donchya worry ‘bout nothing.” I decided I would escape, and as if he could read my thoughts, he turned around, shut the door, and locked it with his parrot.

“Donchya think ‘bout scapin, I been doin this forever. You didn’t think ya could out think me didya?” He grabbed me, and dragged me to an iron guillotine.

“Thas right, I’m gonna decapitate ya, and add your head ter my collection.” He said gesturing to the other side of the room, where hundreds of heads hung on the wall, each with the same horrific expression. He clamped me down to the guillotine. The blade came down, but it didn’t hit me, I felt like I was flying, and I landed in a lake of yogurt. Santa Clause bounded towards me, dressed up as a pizza. But on his way to me, he was sucked under. The next instant I was sucked under too, where, I saw Puppy Dog, being clubbed by men without noses. I tried to save him, but I found myself, being sucked upward by a beam of light, to a classroom. But this was no ordinary class room, I tried to see what was so weird, when I noticed that all the children were expressionless, staring straight ahead, not moving, covered in clear goo, while their teacher, changed colors, eventually melting to a puddle of colors on the floor. I walked over to the puddle, and jumped in., where I landed in a bed, in a white room. Nurses gathered around me with worried expressions, asking me how I was. I can’t believe this was my life, I would find a way out. I most certainly would.

 

© 2009 Shadow of Sunshine


Author's Note

Shadow of Sunshine
If i had had more time, it would have been more how i like it, but i need to turn it in for school, so...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Full of details ... greatly penned

I love the images you make your readers see

Great job!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 16, 2009

Author

Shadow of Sunshine
Shadow of Sunshine

About
So I'm a girl, a virgo, and alot of other blablabla s**t, that i'm not going to get into. I LOVE My Chemical Romance and music is my drug...some of the music i like: Radiohead, Muse, The Beatles, .. more..

Writing