In & Out.

In & Out.

A Story by b.platte
"

one-shot

"

I opened my eyes, and they were staring down at me. I blink a few times to make the blurriness go away and lift my head up slowly. A rush of pain blind sides me and sends me into a panic and back down where I started. I don’t remember how I got on the ground, let alone what caused this massive amount of agony.

The faces peering down at me are posed in so many mixed emotions I’m not sure what to think. I know they are all my friends and so I’m not too scared. Its not like they would just be standing there, hovering, if something were really wrong with me. I squint as another bottle rocket of pain shoots through my head and burns my eyes. That might be the tears.

I finally attempt at raising my arm to see if I still can. Success. I reach towards the back of my head and someone stops me. Its Derek. Fear, pity, and resolve are written all over his face and I know I need to figure out what’s going on. I just can’t seem to form any words right now. Looks as though cat’s got everyone’s tongue, because nobody has said a word to me still. I tug my arm out of his weak grip and feel the back of my head.

Describing that sensation would be simply impossible. My fingers were automatically soaked with the red liquid pouring from my cracked skull. I forgot how to breath. I must have been in shock because the migraines this wound has left me with hurts worse than my damaged head. I can feel a sliver of bone missing back there and I begin to panic all over again.

Before I can even catch the breath I’ve been holding in Derek leans closer to me and speaks the last words I know I’ll ever hear.

“Sorry, man. Save a spot for me in hell will ya?”

That was his goodbye? Still left confused and terrified all I see now is darkness slamming into my face. One good blow and I’m gone.

© 2012 b.platte


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on August 20, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Tags: friendship, betrayal, mystery

Author

b.platte
b.platte

About
I write because it makes the day worth while. :) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Story by b.platte