Letting go

Letting go

A Story by b.platte
"

Never get drunk around your ex when you're upset about another girl moving across the country... one-shot.

"
I formed a thought and it rolled away onto the very tip of my tongue.
"But I cheated on you with her. I really liked her." 
Word vomit. It slipped out in a slur of regrettable words and I couldn't even control my hand flying up to my mouth. S**t.

"Well that means you are definitely not ready for a relationship." That's what she said before she started to walk away. I was drunk. I didn't know if she was mad or trying to shake off the awkward tension I blanketed over us with those stupid words. 
I threw my arm out, only hoping it would make contact. It did. I gripped her arm as gently as the liquor pumping through my veins would allow. 
"Wait. I didn't mean-" 
She turned around so quickly, it even made me dizzy. Maybe that's why she looked the way she did. Was she seeing stars too? Or simply seeing red. 
"Save it. It's true, so you meant it. I should have known. That f*****g night at the party... the one night you didn't ask me to stay over. I saw the way you two were looking at each other from across the room. And here I thought I was the one who hurt you by leaving." 
She spoke so many words I was still trying to process them all when she seethed and finally shook her arm out of my grasp. 
I let her go. She let me go.

© 2012 b.platte


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. It was short but full of flavor. Emotion, feelings; all of it conveyed so well. You did a fantastic job.
-The Doctor

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I love hearing that :)
The Doctor

11 Years Ago

Keep up the good work my friend.
-The Doctor
b.platte

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I'll try!
And so you had to let each other go. Short. Comprehensible. Told just right.

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
I really like your style of writing. Short and sweet, just the way I like it :) Nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 21, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Tags: break up, romance, short story, one shot

Author

b.platte
b.platte

About
I write because it makes the day worth while. :) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Story by b.platte