Jesus was Human

Jesus was Human

A Poem by Shelly Bell

How can you say I am not Jesus and Jesus is not me?
How do you really know who he is?
Only the perfect idea of him was printed for us to read?

I'm sure his garment was not always ironed.
The scriptures read "Jesus wept" which clearly means he was crying.
I try to swallow your truth, but it keeps gagging me, I feel like I'm dying.

Jesus was human.

Living in dessert conditions I'm sure his clothes got damp and sweaty.
But the so-called Christian followers would shun the idea and say oh don't be petty.
When I walk into church wearing sin on my shirt,
they preach come to God then turn to me and say no she's not ready.
I sit and look at hypocrites for two hours when I would rather be home eating spaghetti.
No I'm not ready to accept only what we know, as the law to live.
No I'm not ready to accept that with God having all this power only choosing one man of whom to give.
Adam was the first man with all power in his hand, dominion over the earth.
He could have very well turn castles from oversized structures to mere particles of dirt. But the Bible didn't say so. Those who read the Bible constantly should know....

Jesus was human.

Since the way his existence began.
Since the day that he became a man, but wait flip those pages back, we don't know anything about Jesus as a teenager, hey inspired people what happened to that? Don't tell me to ignore certain things about the perfectness you want me to seek
then expect me to take what you tell me, be quiet and have a seat.

I'm supposed to live my whole life modeled after what I know of 2 or 3 years of a mans life.
Don't get me wrong I believe in Jesus I believe we are precious in his sight.
That he healed the sick and led the masses with all his mite.
but no matter how Jesus was conceived, if he was born he was born in sin,
but confident that he didn't have to be born again to win against the sin he was born in,
he lived as a master, an alien who needed no friends,
but everybody wanted to follow him because his level of consciousness was greater than most men.
Because he knew he had a purpose and it wasn't being on this earth forever.
He knew that there was no friend, foe, Angel or spirit on earth more clever...than he....
I am he and he is me.
Jesus slept, walked, cried, died, was he was even confused at times.
The only way I can rest in knowing my purpose and follow God's plan is to admit to myself I am just as powerful as he because ...

Jesus was a human.

Copyright 2009 Shelly Bell

© 2009 Shelly Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on December 14, 2009
Last Updated on December 14, 2009

Author

Shelly Bell
Shelly Bell

Alexandria, VA



About
To merely refer to North Carolina native and Alexandria, VA resident Shelly Bell as a curious and talented consumer of life’s most positive energies would only tell half of the story. An award-w.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Shelly Bell