LIMIT YOUR DREAMS.

LIMIT YOUR DREAMS.

A Poem by sherni

Listen to me. LIMIT. YOUR. DREAMS. You may think I'm crazy for saying this but hear me out. Okay, let me elaborate. Dream further than the eyes can see for yourself. Any dreams you have for just yourself, dream away without boundaries. But do not, I repeat, do NOT have other people involved in your dreams. Hypothetical is okay. But not real people that are in your life. The minute you start dreaming of how you're gonna marry your current boyfriend or how you're gonna buy your parents a house, you set yourself out for really possible disaster. These dreams you have for people could lead to disappointment. And whose fault is it? None but your own. You make yourself sad, not that person or the dream they were apart of that was shattered. When you have dreams with just you, its all on you to make them come true. Like I said, hypothetical is okay. Play it with caution by dreaming, "I am going to make my future wife the happiest alive./My kids are going to have everything." These dreams don't make you as emotionally weak as if you were to put a name and a face to the Z's in your sleep. Limit. Your. Dreams. For your own good. I'm telling you.

© 2014 sherni


Author's Note

sherni
I do not own the picture attached to this poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014
Tags: limit, dreams, crazy, repeat, involve, hypothetical, real, marry, house, boyfriend, disappointment, disaster, caution, everything, weak

Author

sherni
sherni

Canada



About
Trying to re-ignite love over and over again, without structure. more..

Writing