I'll Watch You While You Sleep

I'll Watch You While You Sleep

A Story by ~Sorcha~
"

A story from the eyes of one of my stuffed animals. lolz.

"

I see you. Ever day I see you, coming in and out of your room to get dressed or to find something. I watch you laugh, and cry. I hear the anger, the sorrow, the pain, the joy; I hear all of you in your hearts words. Even though you don't hold me close and carry me around anymore, I still watch over you.


I remember when I met you, that very first time. You were so young and innocent, so pure and so childlike, but so intelligent and creative. You adored me back then, you even named me. That's why I am now Blue, Blue your little puppy. How I love that name, my name.


I became afraid for you all those years back, when you moved to Washington. Your parents fought, you and your siblings fought, there was always anger, always pain. You used to hold me close to you, and your tears and snot and drool would all cover me, making me icky to touch I'm sure. But you never cared, nor did I. I was happy to comfort you, to love you while you let me. You were so frail of heart, and you still are. I know you are, because I still hear it in your voice, feel it in your touch, see it in your eyes. You hurt a lot still.


You don't need me anymore though, do you? You have someone to hold you now, to kiss away your tears. He is like you, he holds much pain. But he is good for you, he is what you need now. I am just a little stuffed puppy, I can't hold you in my paws, I cant wipe away your tears or tell you it will all be fine. I can just sit and be a tissue for your running face. And when you need me, I know you will find me again. I haven't been with you, everywhere with you, for 12 years without knowing I will always be with you, because you will never leave me.


A day will come, though, where I will leave you. That day may come much sooner than either of us wants, but so be it. When I leave, I will never return, but you will be happy and you will forget, and you will live. For now I shall watch you, while you sleep and while you dream, while you wake and laugh and cry, while you are still my most beloved, my most cherished, my owner.


I hope someday you will forgive me for not being a real dog, and for not being anything but a tissue. But thank you for at least letting me be you one and only Blue.

© 2009 ~Sorcha~


Author's Note

~Sorcha~
I know it's hokey. But I love my Blue doggy, she's the best ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorcha, I asked a friend to help me put the finalists in order and... You got 1st place! Well done for winning, you will get your award tommorow. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thankyou for entering my contest Sorcha. It was a very heartfelt story and I understand how you feel about Blue. It is also very original and met my expectations so this unique piece of writing is going through to the final.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2009

Author

~Sorcha~
~Sorcha~

Kaiserslautern, Germany (deployment), WA



About
I like to write; these past few years I have just hit writer's block after block. There are so many things in my life I could write about, but I can still never seem to find the words for any of it. .. more..

Writing
Requerrence Requerrence

A Chapter by ~Sorcha~


The Masque The Masque

A Book by ~Sorcha~