As the Sun Goes Down

As the Sun Goes Down

A Poem by skiayly

As the Sun Goes Down
I can't believed my ears. It’s like you didn’t hear a thing I was trying to tell you. Now I must be insane for thinking you even liked me.
  As the sun goes down, my heart bursts into pieces of glass. If I only known that you liked someone else, who couldn't stand a chance compared to me. I wouldn’t have thought of selling my soul to the devil. 
Can’t believe my ears. It’s like you didn’t hear a thing I was saying to you. You can’t tell me you didn’t see me falling. There was a pause. Silence is always the key you can never find with your eyes open. 
Well I guess it’s official that you didn’t even want to be bothered with me. If I was you, I would have gone over all the options. Too late you lose your chance. Just like you always say “You can follow the stars for the rest of your life, but that does not mean you can catch them.” 
And once again I fell for someone who doesn’t even know I even exist. 
As this Sun goes down for the day, my heart slowly follows it as it caves in.
  I can’t believe my ears. I’m so stupid once again I’m screaming and no one is listening. Colors of orange and red are turning to gray and black.

© 2012 skiayly


Author's Note

skiayly
Please tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012
Tags: love, heartbreak, crush

Author

skiayly
skiayly

MO



About
So, im kinda back to writting. Also, please don't read any of my writing I have had posted in the past, because honestly it's all crap and embarrassing bad. A little about me im 20 years old in colleg.. more..

Writing