Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by skiiish367
"

Hello Becky!

"

Life is beauty, and beauty is all. That was the first lesson that Becky learnt as a little child. She was confused, lost, and more of all, without a purpose in this plastic world.

Supposed that hardly mattered at the time being. Why was she even remembering lesson number one, right now?! Right now of all times!

Perhaps it was because this person...no thing infront of her looked like filth. Utter filth. At first she figured she’s ask if this ‘man,’ if you could even call him that, whether he needed help. But after taking notice of the littered shred up body that lay not to far from the ‘thing,’ she chose against it.

The red dripping from the other’s mouth, and the almost deranged look that he seemed to carry only seemed to add to that decision. Becky took a careful step back, swallowing the bile that had found its way up her throat back down to her stomach. The sight all too much to let her keep her food down, but she knew better.

She may have bad grades, and come to school decked up like some porcelain doll every f*****g day, but she was not stupid. One wrong move, and she’s reveal her position to this ‘thing’ in front of her. So she pressed the small her back to the wall, and slowly crouched, checking around to corner once more to make sure the thing was still there, gobbling up it’s food, which just so happened to be the janitor of the school. Taking another deep, quiet breath, she slowly clicked the buckle on her heels and freed her feet from their prison.

For a moment she almost had the heart to take her precious heel along with her, but common sense gave a slight jab into the head, and she left her heels there, backed up against the wall. She took a notice of the distance between the gap in the opening of the hallway. No more than five meters, and if she was careful enough she’d make it across without alerting the freak that still hell bent on chewing the janitor down to the bone.

Becky had only made it halfway across the gap, when the pounding of two heavy feet, and the yelling of the voice she knew oh so well filled the hallway before her. “BECKY! YOU BECKY..I SEE YOU THERE, DON’T YOU DARE RUN AWAY! I KNOW YOU’RE BEHIND THIS!!!”

An almost half smile creeped up to her face as she took a look at the now gurgling creature, staring at her with hollow, empty eyes. And the rage. Oh the rage. She could see it. Feel it. Her’s probably a lot more different than the one this creature was experiencing. She glanced one quick look at Lev, the boy running at her way, and then back at the creature who was now getting up to its feet.

Why was it that the one person she ever had such strong feelings towards was as dumb as a dog. So f*****g stupid.

The creature gave a slight tilt, and growled at her, guts spilling out from it’s rotting teeth. “T-Truce? Grrr?” she stuttered, growling at the end, in hopes that maybe that was a peace signal is whatever language the creature spoke in. It only snarled, biting its teeth together with a snap. “Okay...Should I take that as a no?”

The creature only responded with another growl, and a sickening tilt of the head. It might have been seconds or maybe a whole f*****g minute that they stared at each other. Neither daring to blink. And to Becky, it might have been some of the worst, gut wrenching seconds of her entire life.

The creature inched forward, and Becky bolted. Running as fast as her legs would allow her. Lev it seemed stopped, staring at her bewildered, but she wasted no more time. “RUN! RUN!!! F*****G RUN!!”

And they ran, sprinting down the hall as they have never done so before. Hands clamped together, as Lev, the faster of the two, dragged her forward. The creature still not close on their tail. She could hear it slam against the lockers, as they took a cut swiftly around the corner. She’d hoped maybe that hit would’ve stopped the creature. Turning her head around to get a look, her heart dropped, watching as the creature snapped it bones together, cracking its neck, eyes filled with a flame that burned brighter than her very future.

It ran, and even with the limp, she feared it was running faster than ever them, catching up to them with every growing second. The dark haired boy tugged at her hand harder, and she struggled to keep up with his pace. Her bare feet skidding on the Saltillo tiles, as they burned the soles every so often.

If it’s been another time, she would’ve been happy with the fact that Lev was as as much as holding her hand. Her hand. Her heart should have skipped a beat. Her pupils should have dilated at the very sight of him. But this time, it wasn’t because of him.

Her heart was thundering with the very pace of their moving feet, her eyes expanding in the the utter fear. The adrenaline too high to stop the shaking in her fingers, and breath so heavy, it was taking over even the loud snarling of the monster behind them. Lev took another turn, and she realized that they were closing down on a dead end.

‘F**k.’



© 2018 skiiish367


Author's Note

skiiish367
See a mistake? Tell me! Criticism is appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018
Tags: Violence, Graphic imagery, Mature language


Author

skiiish367
skiiish367

Canada



Writing
Metal Heart Metal Heart

A Story by skiiish367


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by skiiish367


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by skiiish367