Still a little girl

Still a little girl

A Story by smilysoly

     The storm blew strongly outside, making a shiver run through Andy's spin. Already crumbled in her blanket, tears burst out of her eyes furiously just like the rain outside, dripping from the sky's mouth. Her heart was full of pain, wounded heavily, bleeding invisible love along with the tears. She checked her phone once again, hoping for the impossible, for a message from that one but her phone was as dead as everything inside her. 
      The girl closed her eyes smelling the cold air around her and wondered if his heart was as cold. Her hands twisted beside her looking, searching, peering until the warmth of the necklace, which she always kept with her while she slept, struck her and led her to the realization of how cold her hands were. She grabbed it, dared to stroke the words written I Love You, and welcomed the memories which flooded by. Her heart ached again and all she thought about was that she wanted to see him one last time. How dare he leave her after all what they shared? For a while, she thought they were inseparable but the truth was closer than what they both ever thought and harder than what they ever faced. She sat up right and swept the tears before anyone would notice them, before anyone might uncover her deepest secret. 
       The silvery laptop shined, catching her eyes and reminding her that she missed him more than anything. As she moved towards the laptop, the thunder caught her off guard and a scream escaped her throat. Murmuring to herself that everything was alright, she opened the Facebook. Not her profile but his profile as one tear floated on her cheek. On her screen, a beautiful young teenager boy stood proudly, chin raised high and a grin which marked with its claws in her chest unmercifully. She looked at him the way a drowned man would look at his last hope of surviving. Trembling, she smiled weakly at him and in a whisper she said I know you are far better than you were with me. She took a deep breath and wrote only one word on his profile RIP.
        Her husband walked though their bedroom door, stood behind her and took her in his arms as they both stared at their lost child. The man couldn’t dare to talk, he tried but nothing came out. The clock ticked loudly announcing midnight as well as Marks's sweet sixteen which he is now celebrating it in heaven. She held the necklace out for her husband he gave that to me on my thirty-two birthday and said I was so young to be his mum. Her voice cracked he told me he believes he's older than me and that I will always be a little girl to him. But after he was gone I don’t feel like I am a girl anymore as if sixty more years were added Her husband sighed knowing that no words could ever put off a mother's fire. Instead, he hugged her so deeply, so lovingly wishing if all her pain would transfer to him. Pain over pain. It was all they could both offer to each other as nothing else would ever compensate Mark, their first child, their first happiness. 
       There was a light knock on the door and they both immediately removed any evidence of their sorrow. It was Megan their eight years old kid who didn’t have to deal with any of this. The girl ran at her parents and threw herself at them seeking for safety from the terrible storm that almost shattered her window. Andy sighed, remembering her son's words when his sister was born. I'll always protect her, mum. At that brief moment when all of them were together feeling the warmth, affection for each other and the depth of their relation, Andy felt that her family was completed as Mark's spirit revolved around them.

© 2012 smilysoly


Author's Note

smilysoly
Every review would be appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on August 30, 2012

Author

smilysoly
smilysoly

cairo, cairo, Egypt



About
i'm a 15 year old girl, IGCSE student, aiming to be a great author oneday. As a young writer, every feedback and review would be appreciated whether positive or negative :) so don't forget to commen.. more..

Writing