Under the Apple Tree

Under the Apple Tree

A Story by sophgracie

There she lay, on the grass under the apple tree, motionless, as she had been for the past few hours. The only way I could tell she was alive was the gentle rise and fall of her chest as she breathed. It was easy to see she had been crying, because her black mascara, that she’d spent so much time applying this morning had run, and was smudged down her checks. Her chocolate brown hair was curly and unbrushed. She wore a black headband with a bow on it, to keep her hair off her face. She had on a simple black dress, around her neck a hung a rusted silver chain and locket that belonged to her mother. The latch that held it shut had broken along time ago and it was now held together by sticky tape. I took a step towards her. She looked up at me; the normal sparkle in her blue eyes was gone, I could only see sorrow in them now. Looking into her eyes, I felt as though I could feel what she felt, as though I knew what it was like to lose everything. To lose my family.

© 2010 sophgracie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really great, very well written, and so full of emotion! Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on July 4, 2010
Last Updated on July 4, 2010

Author

sophgracie
sophgracie

Melbourne, Australia



Writing