faith

faith

A Poem by speakingcolors

if seeing is believing

how can people believe in things they can't see?

it's because they really are there

and they can see that

© 2008 speakingcolors


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pj
This is so good. Short and to the point. You remind me of James K. Blaylock, in that you both write like a song ....you get so much from your poetry and in such a small amount of time.
Nice job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this. It's short and insightful, and has no unnecessary words or decoration. I like how you didn't capitalize any of it, it makes your poem more powerful. (Your image is also interesting. A cloud? Symbolizing Heaven, lofty thoughts and inspirations, perhaps?) Your lines all rightly placed; breaks are at the appropriate time and leaves the poem sounding nice if read aloud. The title is well-chosen and serves as an integral part of the poem.

The only problem I have is with 'things' being plural, yet the use of 'it' as its pronoun. (That's probably unnecessary grammatical nitpicking, but there's bound to be some confused reader like me that doesn't know if that was an intended effect or simply a mistake on your part.)

Overall, however, your poem is a keeper. It uses pedestrian words with child-like simplicity and somehow coaxes a deep thought out of them. Great work in a short space.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2008
Last Updated on May 24, 2008

Author

speakingcolors
speakingcolors

somewhere outside looking in, PA



About
poet/songwriter/author sometimes I feel so much it hurts. i have all these thoughts running through my head, little segments of a whole that i can't see. most of them never get put down in writ.. more..

Writing