Exchange with a Muse

Exchange with a Muse

A Story by Heidi
"

Buzzing with creativity and can't get it out exactly. I think I need a doctor.

"

 “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before

But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token . . .”

 

And I whispered to the darkness: “More!”

And an echo whispered back, “no more!”

And I said, “yes!”

And they said, “no!”

And I said, “why ever not?”

And they said, “for a mortal has dreamed them already.”

 

In the silken soup that stirs sleepily and sputters with cracking rocks and clattering elements, you may extract the world.

For is it matter?

Perhaps.  Is energy matter?

Of course not. 

What then is this pot wherein so many fantastic colors and shapes display?

I know not.

Your raw materials.  Creative energy comes from the soul.

Energy is of the soul?
Yes.

So the universe’ creation, the arrangement of energy and matter, were arranged by a soul?

Yes, that should be obvious.  Herein lies a sample of chaos, and it is small.

Have the poets and painters already extracted it most?

Yes.  Gold miners and pearl divers cannot imagine the difficulty in obtaining more chaos.  This is all that is left to the human race, and now, you must take what you can of it.  Create, my child.

I do not have the tools.

I will show you where to find the ore to make the tools, my child.

Must it depend on my own industry?

Naturally, for when in your own industry wonders happen, they are truly yours.

Where can I find the ore?

© 2009 Heidi


Author's Note

Heidi
The opening lines were quoted from "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This actually reminds me a little of physics class. "Is it matter?" " no... er, I don't know" "well, mortal... what's its atomic mass?"

Silken soup stirs sleepily... that was a great line, as much as I normally find almost-alliteration a bit hokey. The form seems a bit scattered, but the soul is there. Keep up the pen.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 9, 2009

Author

Heidi
Heidi

About
Whag, I am just a person who overloads herself on things to do and people to love and goals in life. I'm still young but then not so young, in that though I want to go out and literally see the world.. more..

Writing
The Green Man The Green Man

A Story by Heidi


Hidden Deep Hidden Deep

A Story by Heidi