Kingdom of Love...Kingdom of self esteem!

Kingdom of Love...Kingdom of self esteem!

A Poem by Pratibha
"

I always wondered why there is so much depression around and why no one is happy. Why there is so much unhappiness around, why relationships are failing, why people are failing to compromise and love unconditionally...so many why�s boggled my brain.I woul

"

 

I thrive on pain...

It heals nurtures, nourishes, clarifies vision, and cradles me when I am down...

I thrive on pain...

It has been there for me, with me, beside me ever since I came to this wonderful world...

It has been there when I needed it...it has never deserted me...

I thrive on tears...

They wash away my clogged and stagnant thoughts...

They revive my faith that “This too shall pass.”

They help me grow stronger and more confident about myself...

I thrive on loneliness...

I need not beg, borrow, or steal it from anyone...

It’s always there with open arms...

Makes me feel calm, soothes my aching soul, and makes me think...makes me ponder, makes me so happy and makes me feel loved...

It makes me realise that “I am my own best friend.”

And then there is no sorrow when I know that I am there for ME...

Any day, any time, any moment...I am there for my own self...

 I am quite possible to drag myself out of depression and low self esteem...

I am ME...I am I, ME, and MYSELF...

I am the free soul untouched by polluting thoughts

I am the free soul untouched my depression AND

I AM FREE...

Because I KNOW THAT I AM FREE...

FREE AS THE BIRD IN THE WIDE SKY...

FREE AS THE BREEZE OVER THE NOISY SEA...

FREE AS THE DEER IN THE GREEN FOREST

FREE AS FIRE...YES, FREE AS FIRE...Because I AM THE EARTH, I AM THE SKY, I AM THE FIRE and I AM THE SEA...

I am faith, I am failure, I am success, I am love, I am adorable, I am lovable, I am courage, I am talent, I am brave, I am fearless of the unknown, I am fragrance, I am bold...

I am gentle yet strong, I am kind, I am full of joy, I am special, I am unique, I am positive, I am hope, I am calm and peaceful, and I am thankful to my creator...

 

YES, I AM ME... JUST ME...A woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a cousin and a friend.

Yes, I live in the kingdom of self esteem...

I am Pratibha.

© 2009 Pratibha


Author's Note

Pratibha
please ignore grammer and technicalities...i write because i love writing and sharing....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm so glad I get to the be first one to comment! This is a poem about a strong, self-confidant woman who is loaded with optimism. I think you did a wonderful job of describing yourself. I know we all have moments when we don't feel like it, but this poem is you! This is one of your best in my opinion and I'm so glad that you decided to post it here. I love the strong exuberance of this poem. You did a wonderful job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh my godness...How about I LOVE this poem like ALOT!!!I'm so glad I'm looking through all of your work. Expect to get more reviews form me. I love these ideas of how pain is always with us but it can always make us strong but only if you'll let it.And the simplicity of who you really are, well that was a stroke of pure genius...

Posted 15 Years Ago


"I am gentle yet strong, I am kind, I am full of joy, I am special, I am unique, I am positive, I am hope, I am calm and peaceful, and I am thankful to my creator..."

I think these lines sum up the very essence of your write. It is so inspiring how you have taken the things that many people let drag them down, and use them to strengthen and lift your spirit. I love it!





Posted 15 Years Ago


Woonderful one prati...:)
Thank u so much prati....for giving this wonderful inspirational poem....I needed it.
I am still feeling low...its like I am not me...
U knw d reason y.....
I read it here again....u c i loved dis...:)
Rite now....i need these words.....
Get going buddy.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, you have an amazing way with words, and write like an artists paints, with emotion, and conviction,
and skill, I also really liked the form and free expression, this work reflects wisdom and understanding.
insightful and excellent reading

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thrive on pain...

I thrive on tears...

I thrive on loneliness...

How true that is. But how we fail to realize that pain, tears and loneliness are capable of creating circumstances wherein we can thrive and be the best that we can be.

It is very hard to find strength when all we see around is only darkness. The key lies in self esteem. Thanks for reminding us that strength lies within us. I'm sure that many of us needed to read this, including myself.

Excellent piece of writing.



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i loved reading the whole poem and especially the part where you wrote that you are your best friend, its a point of view that Ive always tried to maintain. its optimistic and i must read next time i feel depressed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love that you have taken these expressions in peoples lives, the ones people cling to in order to bring themselves down, and have made them into expressions of creation and strength and courage. There is a song (and probably several and I don't know which ones) that says 'pain helps us know that we're alive' and this poem is a reminder of that fact. It's beautiful. Pain and tears and lonliness are all reminders of the amazing gift that is "me," the individual. No one feels my pain or my lonliness or my tears, and they may be the only things that help me remember that I'm my own person (along with the happy things like love and laughter).

Beautiful, Prati, please keep them coming. This was truly inspirational.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I thrive on tears...

They wash away my clogged and stagnant thoughts...

Now this is what poetry is all about... using words to create a thing of beauty, love, inspiration, etc.

I hope that you will stay around and keep writing after your son goes off to school.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

How beautiful, how freely expressed with love, and acknowledgement of self, and your place in this book called "mankind".......as a strong woman who has experienced the joy of life and the sorrows of it!
I just love this, and I am honored to be called your friend!
You are strong, and one who is able to hold onto hope of hopes!!!
Sheila

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I am proud to be your friend, wow what a write, please keep them flowing, my poem are also free wording, but nothing as beautiful as yours, Thank you for sharing, and I thank God for guiding me to it.
In friendship
Hugs....Annie

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2009
Last Updated on March 24, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Pratibha
Pratibha

London,Ontario, Canada



About
Well, i am 32 years old and a mother of a 5years old naughty but cute son, Sreyansh. I am at present at home taking care of him. When he starts his school this summer, i will go back to my job as a cl.. more..

Writing
KAVERI KAVERI

A Story by Pratibha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Man All Alone A Man All Alone

A Story by Kelley