Valentine's Day I

Valentine's Day I

A Poem by No.

When it's a Northern wind I breathe a little deeper, looking for your exhalations and feeling them in my lungs.  I wish I could tell you about how my nerves crawl toward you when I feel you in my mind, about the delicate desperation that stretches over my bones and begs and aches and wants.  I wish I could tell you, with words that have feeling, meaning, that there's a heart beneath these planked ribs that doesn't like being caged any more.  That it beats harder and bigger each day, and that this bone structure doesn't stand a chance against the muscle you've invoked.  When it's a Northern wind I want it to blow harder, like hands through my hair, or hushed sentences through the tree branches of words I'll one day recognize. 

 

But I want to know now what words are on your rushing blood cells and what they're whispering to your heart about me.  If I could read your skin with my fingertips, if I could feel the masterpiece of your mind in the palms of my hands, I'd know how to say those words even better.  Give me eyes to look into and you will know what I'm feeling.

© 2010 No.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

501 Views
Added on February 5, 2010
Last Updated on February 5, 2010

Author

No.
No.

PA



Writing
So Real So Real

A Poem by No.


Mountains Mountains

A Poem by No.


Doubt Doubt

A Poem by No.