Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by TPK Stories

“Taryn, I’m here, like you requested.” Carissa told her best friend.


“Great!  Because I have a surprise for you!” Taryn told her.


“Great!  What is it?”


“You’re lunch date isn’t with me!”


“But?” Carissa asked confused.


“I have a gentleman who would like to meet you.”


“Taryn, you know I’m not good with meeting people.”


“Oh c’mon, Carissa, it’ll be great.  It’s just a lunch date.  Don’t be so dramatic.”


It was too late.  The gentleman in question was heading into the diner now and headed over to them.


“Taryn, I’m here.” The gentleman said.


“Robert, you’re here.” Taryn said as she winked at Carissa. “I’d like you to meet my friend, Carissa.”


“Nice to meet you, Carissa.” Robert said just as unsure of himself as Carissa was.


“Well, why don’t I take you two over to your table.” Taryn said, breaking the ice, as Robert and Carissa followed Taryn to the table she had placed their menus and iced tea on.


When Robert, trying to be a gentleman, helped Carissa in her booth, the iced tea that Taryn had just set on the table, spilt all over Carissa. 


“I need to go to the ladies’ room.” Carissa said, about to cry.


15 minutes later, Carissa came out looking drier and sat down in the booth across from Robert.


“You look nice.” Robert said, trying to be nice, but not knowing what else to say.


“Thank you.” Carissa said gratefully.


Taryn came over to take their order, “How is everything you two?”


Carissa glared at her friend for roping her into this awful date.


“Can I bring you two something to eat?” Taryn asked them, as she ignored Carissa’s glare and winked at her.


“I’ll just have the bacon cheeseburger, fries and chocolate shake.” Robert told Taryn.


“And I’ll have the BLT, fries and vanilla shake.” Carissa said.


“That’s a bacon cheeseburger combo and a BLT combo, one with chocolate shake and one with a vanilla shake.” Taryn clarified.


While Robert and Carissa were waiting for their meal, Robert heard some shaking kept looking around the diner to see if he could spot the trouble, being an engineer.


Suddenly Robert looked up and saw that the roof was about to cave in on top of Carissa and him.  Thinking fast on his feet, Robert grabbed Carissa and moved the two of them out harm’s way.


After the cave-in, Robert moved to see if Carissa was alright.  She moved giving Robert the sign that she was okay, as he helped her up from the rubble.


Then they were escorted out be rescue workers where they were reunited by Taryn who was scared that Carissa and Robert weren’t going to be okay.







© 2017 TPK Stories


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on July 29, 2017
Last Updated on July 29, 2017


Author

TPK Stories
TPK Stories

Boise, ID



About
more..

Writing
Plot Plot

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TPK Stories