Chapter 1: Smile!

Chapter 1: Smile!

A Chapter by Natalya

"You got the goods?" asked the dark figure. He stood as the edge of a dumpster located in a rural alley way. Only five feet away stood another figure; a man in a dark hood and sweat pants, hiding his face. In his hand he held a brown paper bag. Inside contained two pounds of marjuana.

The hooded man grinned and looked up at his new costumer, "Yeah, I got the goods. You got the cash?" The dark figure smiled and replied with a simple "yes" as he pulled out the large ammount of cash. 

As they were about to exchange with each other, flash! Blinded by the bright light's rapid flare, they quickly raise their hands to prevent any more light from entering their eyes. Standing in confusion, the hooded man looked up. Squinting his eyes he could barely see the blurry figure standing upon the brick building. After blinking a few times, the blurry figure became clear.

It looked like a man wearing a black hoodie, black sweat pants, black tennishoes, sunglasses, surgical mask and red baseball cap. In the stranger's hand was a Nikon camera. 

The other man looked up at the figure before him. His face showed aggitation and anger. "Who the f**k to you are?" After saying that, he noticed the camera in the stranger's hand. Looking back at its face, his eyes widened. Before he could say anything else, the stranger raised the camera once more. 

"Smile!" the figure yelled. After taking a a couple of clicks of the button, it was on its way. Running from rooftop to rooftop. The two men chasing and slowing disappearing in the disance for they were too slow. Laughing so hard the stranger finally took off the disguise. Behind the mask was beautiful true sapphire eyes that brightly glow amongst the moonlight, long dark brown hair that covered her back, and soft light pink lips. Smiling bright she ran down to the police station.

At the Balm Police Station, Sheriff John Walson sits at his desk looking at a case file that they are working on right now about a woman who was recently raped by a man from another county. As he was about to take a sip of his coffee, there was a sudden bang from the door way. The attractive stranger from before came barging in and skipping to the sheriff's desk. 

"Hey, John! Drug dealing on South Herem Street. Got their faces so good you would think they prepared themselves for the photo," said the young lady. 

"Good job Adira. What would I do without you," The sheriff laughed and handed Adira her pay check. As she looked at how much she was paid, the sheriff became serious, "What is your future plans?"

Adira looked at him confused, "What do you mean?"

The sheriff sighed at her response. He looked at her with pity and said, "Your young, beautiful, and smart. You put yourself in danger and work at the local newspaper. You barly have enough money to get food while living in that crappy apartment."

Adira looked down with sad eyes, "I know what you're trying to say, but I am happy with the way I am right now. I can be free and get a taste of the world. I also know you are worried about my safety. Yes, I am in danger but it is my choice with what I do. You know what happened in my past and I want to prevent the same situation that happened seven years ago," The sheriff nodded in agreement. Both of them sat for a moment thinking about the incident. Adira looked at him, forced a smile on his face and said, "I have to go. I better get these pictures prepared so I can get the story in by tomorrow's sunday paper."

They said their good byes and Adira went to the newspaper building. Having the key, she unlocked the door and went inside. On the computer she began to pull up all the photos and printed all of them on the printer. One by one they were put into a yellow file envelope with a story about the situation. During the process she put on gloves to prevent anyone to try to catch her identity through her fingerprints. Afterwards, the envelope is put into the mailbox with it having writing saying, "Concealed Photographer". 

Adira slowly walked the long way home. Tired from the late night work and exhaustion from running. Opening up the front door, all you could see was a small living room and kitchen. Everything was clean but the furniture looked like it was one hundred years old. The television was small and looked like a plastic box. Walking down the small hallway past the bathroom to her bedroom. The bed was an air mattress covered in stained sheets and a torn blanket with only one pillow. But ceside it was a tiny desk with a lanmp.

Walking up to the lamp, Adira turned on the light to reveal the wall of photos. All photos were taken by her but were cut out from the newspaper. Reason why she is not given the credit is because she is to hide her identity from others for she is hired by the law under Balm Police Department and the FBI. Her job is to catch criminals in the act in some of the most dangerous areas. Because of her courageousness and determination she has been able to drop the crime rate in the small city area. 

Placing her camera down onto the desk, she undressed and put on some pajamas. She crawled underneath her blanket, set the alarm on her clock, and closed her eyes. Before her mind went blank she thought to herself, Good night, Ray.



© 2014 Natalya


Author's Note

Natalya
Just a rough draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your story has a certain originality and captivating aura to it. Very enjoyable, and I know it is a rough draft, but if you are open to suggestions here are ones that might make it a work of art:

1. "He stood as the edge"
"He stood at the edge"
2. "..held a brown paper bag. Inside contained two pounds of marjuana."
"...held a brown paper bag which contained two pounds of marijuana."
3. "Yeah, I got the goods. You got the cash?"
"Yeah, you got the cash?"
4. "...replied with a simple "yes" as he.."
"...answered with a simple "Yes" as he.."
5. "ammount "
"amount"
6. "As they were about to exchange with each other, flash!"
"Just as the exchange was taking place, there was a sudden 'flash!'"
7. "Blinded by the bright light's rapid flare.."
"Blinded by the rapid flare..."
8. "they quickly raise their hands to prevent any more light from entering their eyes"
"they quickly raised their hands to shield their eyes"
9. "Standing in confusion, the hooded man looked up"
"The hooded man looked up in confusion"
10. "After blinking a few times, the blurry figure became clear."
After a few blinks his sight cleared."
11. "It looked like a man wearing a black hoodie, black sweat pants, black tennishoes, sunglasses, surgical mask and red baseball cap."
"It looked like a man dressed completely in black, with a a red baseball cap perched on top of his head and a surgical mask concealing his face."
12. "aggitation"
"agitation"
13. Try not to use curse words because they are not very literary and may prevent a very large audience from reading your work.
14. "After saying that, he noticed the camera in the stranger's hand."
" Immediately after, his eyes fell on the camera in the intruder's hand(s)."
15. "Looking back at its face, his eyes widened"
"Eyes widening, he glanced back up."
16. "...way. Running from"
"...way, running from"
17. "two men chasing and slowing disappearing in the disance for they were too slow"
"two men chasing were slowly disappearing in the distance"
18. "Laughing so hard"
"Laughing hard,"
19. " Behind the mask was beautiful true sapphire eyes that brightly glow amongst the moonlight, long dark brown hair that covered her back, and soft light pink lips."
" Behind the mask were beautiful sapphire eyes that brightly glowed under the moonlight, long dark brown hair that covered her back, and soft, pink lips."
20. "As he was about to take a sip of his coffee, there was a sudden bang from the door way. The attractive stranger from before came barging in and skipping to the sheriff's desk."
"As he is about to take a sip of his coffee, there is a sudden bang from the doorway. The attractive stranger from before comes barging in and skips to the sheriff's desk."
21. "Good job Adira. What would I do without you,"
"Good job Adira! Honestly, what would I do without you?"
22. "What is your future plans?"
"What are your plans for the future?"
23. "Adira looked at him confused"
"Adira looked at him, confused"
24. "He looked at her with pity and said, "Your young, beautiful, and smart. You put yourself in danger and work at the local newspaper. You barly have enough money to get food while living in that crappy apartment."
He looked at her pityingly and said, "You're young, beautiful, and smart. You put yourself in danger and work at the local newspaper. You barely have enough money to get food and live in that down-trodden apartment."
25. "forced a smile on his face"
"forced a smile on her face"
26. "sunday paper"
"Sunday paper"
27. "Having the key, she unlocked the door and went inside."
"Producing the key, she unlocked the door and went inside."
28. "pull up all the photos and printed all of them on the printer."
"pull up all the photos and printed them on the printer."
29. "Afterwards, the envelope is put into the mailbox with it having writing saying, "Concealed Photographer".
"Afterwards, the envelope was put into the mailbox labelled, "Concealed Photographer".
30. "long way home. Tired from the late night"
" long way home, tired from the late night"
31. "But ceside it was a tiny desk with a lanmp."
"Beside it was a tiny desk with a lamp.
32. In the paragraph before the last, change the tense to past tense.

Good work and keep writing!


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 14, 2014
Last Updated on November 14, 2014


Author

Natalya
Natalya

Harrison, MI



About
Just a young teenage girl dreaming about becoming a future author. I hope to spread the word of all the stories that I write. One way I do it is by doing all my rough drafts on wattpad.com I am curren.. more..

Writing
Misdeed Misdeed

A Chapter by Natalya


Forsaken Forsaken

A Book by Natalya