Last Breath

Last Breath

A Story by Fallen_Angel
"

I never had felt real pain. Until I felt this loss. The loss of my little furry friend.

"

Please Read and Review. This is my first piece of writing and this story is very close to my heart

 

It seemed as if now everything had come crashing down before me. I thought that everything was going to be okay, but it wasn’t. I thought it wasn’t true but it was.

I never really knew how much he meant to me and how many memories I had with him.

It didn’t matter if I couldn’t remember everything I had done with him because I was so young, but it mattered because no longer would there be someone out there, in that small kennel.

Some people don’t get attached to their dogs as much as my family does and that is probably why it hurt more than anything I had ever felt in my life.

From the minute my mum told me that scotch had be put down my lift was put on hold. I dropped everything to be outside with my dog, which had been apart of my life since I was born. All I wanted to do was be outside with my dog.

I remember looking over at my other dog realising that I wasn’t the only one who would miss him. My whole family would be affected by this sudden and un-expected loss.

I pulled myself away from the thought of scotch but it always seemed to float back it. It was something I couldn’t push out of my mind.

When I woke up the next day I just couldn’t believe it.

I remember those last few minutes of him being at home.

Trying to get him to take photos with us when he wanted to go somewhere else and laughing with him. Just now thinking about those last minutes now making tears spring to my eyes.

As we drove into the vets memories sprung to my mind, it made me smile. I patted his head lightly. I remember his small warm body sitting on my lap. I remember his warm sticky breath and also his sticky tongue. Now I couldn’t help the tears that felt from my eyes.

Walking into the vet’s was the hardest part. My legs and feet felt like bricks. I couldn’t bring myself to walk in. But as my dad, brother and Mum walked in, it finally hit me like a bag of bricks and that this wasn’t a dream, this was true, and this was the end.

To think that next time he passes that door his personality and soul would be gone, Just a cold fury body curled up in my dad’s arms.

But I walked into the vet’s looking at all the other people with their dogs. At least they knew that their dog would go home to be with its family.

I pushed on into the room where scotch would lye down and drift into an endless sleep.

I can’t even believe I even walked into this small cramped room. As the needle pushed into his skin past his fur it seemed as if the room was going to swallow me up and never spit me back out. Tears ran quickly down my cheeks.

I watched as scotch saw the last rays of sunlight, as he closed his small beady eyes and as he took his very last breath.

 

This was done for my English Homework and I decided to put it up. It had to be a memory close to our hearts. Thanks for reading.

In Memory Of Scotch, R.I.P

1/9/87 to 10/01/04

© 2008 Fallen_Angel


Author's Note

Fallen_Angel
Its kind of bad but it will do for my first piece

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on May 1, 2008

Author

Fallen_Angel
Fallen_Angel

Wagga, Australia



About
Hey Peoples I'm Tara I Love to Read and I have recently started writing a few pieces. Please read them and tell me what you think!!! Thanks xoxo more..