Evening stroll

Evening stroll

A Story by Tyree Johnson
"

Just a short little moment that I wrote for fun. I like to write things and put a relative twist on it, as you can see.

"

While he strolled down a parkway with his significant other, Gazing at the well-maintained shrubbery, he noticed the air around them growing colder as the sun sunk deeper into the clouds and the moon began to reveal itself like a distanced light illuminating a foggy road. He looked over at his companion, she was wearing a thin, black and white striped t-shirt, bottomed with a pair of holey black skinny jeans. Her arms were filled with goosebumps, As the air was chilled by the evening breeze. Immediately After making this observation, He took off his maroon hoodie and offered it, she graciously accepted, blushing with a vibrant smile on her face. 

“Thank you”.

“Don’t mention it.”

That's the kind of person he was. Seeing the happy expressions given to him, after receiving one of his kind gestures gave him a rush like no other. People always thought he was selfless, but in reality, he wasn't selfless in the slightest, he was a selfish being that thrived off other people's joy.

© 2017 Tyree Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What an interesting concept. But is it really selfishness? I mean we are built for compassion and giving. Maybe the rush is simply the proverbial happiness chemical the brain releases when we do what we are built to do? I don't know, but you sure got me thinking! Cheers!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on December 5, 2017
Last Updated on December 5, 2017
Tags: short, story, relationship