Stories in a Jar

Stories in a Jar

A Story by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
"

How you can make up a story from nothing =D

"
I am staring at a jar of pennies. A whole bottle of them stacked to the top of the lid. What do I see…? No, not like everyone I don’t see the jar full of pennies… I see a story unfold in front of me. Or rather all the stories unfold in front of me. I look at the one that is a little discoloured. What happened? The little girl across the street picked up a lonely penny on the sidewalk. She had a great smile on her face, as this was the first piece of money she have ever collected in her young life. She ran to her mother with the penny and her smile. “Mommy look, look!” She smiled back at her daughter, telling her she can go and buy her a chocolate. As she ran to the store to buy a sweet, another old man walked next to her. He bought a newspaper, smiling at the little girl as she ran past him. She paid with her newly found penny and ran home. The old man with the smile paid shortly after. With the change he got, the penny the little girl paid with, landed in his pocket. He walked to his car, paying the guard with that penny. The guard put the biggest smile on his face to show his gratitude. He walked that night home, when it was dark. With the little money in his pocket he bought a chocolate for his son. When he got home that night he gave the chocolate and the penny to his son. His son, that had cancer and felt very ill, smiled so big the smile couldn’t stay on his face and was transferred to his father and mothers. They both cried when they saw their son’s smile.

© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is truly a touching story. You build up many life stories into one. There is many stories behind just the little things in life sometimes and with this story it is a penny. You wrote this so well, I really enjoyed this a lot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting. I like how you managed to look at such a simple thing and make such a emotional story out of it. This kind of reminds me of the scene in 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' when the narrator is explaining the irony of time, this is a very similar concept and i love that about it, Well done.

~ rae

Posted 12 Years Ago


tnx u too =D

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice work:))) liked it a lot:))keep writin:))

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, I love it. That whole idea of creating an images to create a story just from a small object like a penny... thumbs up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 30, 2011
Last Updated on August 30, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..