The Interview

The Interview

A Chapter by Templatecash

   Eustice, took a short breath, sipped his scotch and began to speak, "While I was working at the Institute for Contemporary arts in 1949, I had met Mary's Mother, Dorothy Shakespear," He gestured over to Mary, and she nodded, then he continued. 
" We had alot of discussions and one in peticular was my service in the In the Air Force." I was jotting down some quick notes, Eustice paused to let me finish, when I was done, he then continued. " The conversation we had quickly led to her husbands involvement in the war, as a broadcaster." another pause, " I asked Dorothy, what branch of service he was in, and her answer was most shocking"

  I continued to write as fast as my hand would allow me, though I found it difficult to keep up with his speaking, I raised my pen to gesture, please, to hold on a moment, as I took a sip of my ginger ale. I then returned my pen to the paper, and said, " okay, Im ready" Eustice then started again. " What Dorothy, had said was her Husband, was not in service of the war at all as a broadcaster, his was in service for humanity and apposed the war, However, this was not how the United States, would see it." with another quick gulp of his scotch Eustice, finished his glass. " She told me He was a prisoner, at St. Elizabeth's Hospital for the Mentally Ill." raising his hands into a sign of bewilderment, got up of his seat to fetch himself another round, as he did, he asked Mary If he should continue, she acknowledged with a nod of her head. He attention turned to me, and said "shall I refresh your glass?" I replied, sure" Handing him my nearly finished glass of ginger ale, mannerly requested a shot of the scotch along with it. Eustice, replied with a smile, and reaching over took the glass from my hand. 

  After a short break, from the interview, and a few short sips from our drinks, the three of us finally returned to the conversation Eustice, beginning where he had left off. " I naturally was intrigued by what Dorothy had been telling me, we met a few more times after that, While  in the company of Rudd and Polly Flemming, who also worked at the the institute, one day pointed out that Dorothy's husband was indeed incarcerated at St Elizabeth's Hospital for the Mentally Ill, and asked If I'd like to meet him." 

  


© 2017 Templatecash


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on November 10, 2017
Last Updated on November 10, 2017


Author

Templatecash
Templatecash

carbondale, PA



About
Everyday, Wondering, Waiting excited or sometimes purely depressed. What has ever made humankind truly happy? Is it pleasure seeking, finite in the physical or experimental, Flirting with the spiritu.. more..

Writing