Spilling Secrets

Spilling Secrets

A Poem by Kicker of Elves

Choosing choices, can’t commit
Somewhere somehow, someone split
Troubled teen tries not to tip
Spilling secrets sedateness slips
Craving comfort, conscience chips
Taking trust to tempt and trick

 

© 2008 Kicker of Elves


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi. First off welcome to the Cafe. Nice to make your aqaintane. You have probabaly noticed like most people who write I can't spell.

I likedthis peice a lot. There are mnay layers to this peice. I am getting the feeling that this maybe about a break up of a maridge or a relationship. That would not only effect the adults but also the kids aswell.

The opening line "Choosing choices can't commit" Myabe pressure is being brought to bear on one side of the relationship - maybe the couple at the centre have been together for a while and although maridge has been disscussed "She feels that she cant give Him what he really wants so rather than go to far they have decided that time has run its course and agree to split.
But as we know a Split doesnt only affect that adults it can have a major affect on children as well.

Upstairs in the house there is a troubled teen who may have to grow up before thier time and they rae trying to reason with the thoughts that are in their head. trying to keep things balanced . Why ae they splitting . Is it to do with me, What will me and Dad/ Mum do now. what about my friends will we have to move, I must do that English assignment. Why won't they speak to me. Life can be so tough at times .

True Colours are exposed when guards are down and words are exchanged and secrets are spilled. Sedateness slips and things are said maybe for the first time. "I never knew you felt like that" A lot of tension in this peice I like that.

Our teenager craves comfort to deal with the toughest thing He has ever delt with. While the Mom with the chipped conscience regrets Not what she has said but the way she has said it. And Dad is left wondering if he can trust again after he was tempted and was tricked in to loosing everyting that we once held dear.

Great first read of your work. will definately be back to read more soon Thank you for the friend request
best of luck in your own venture

Carl

England


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on December 5, 2008
Last Updated on December 5, 2008

Author

Kicker of Elves
Kicker of Elves

Grove City, OH



About
My name is Haley Michelle. I'm a tennis player, a vegetarian, I run way too much, and I love indie rock. I'm not here to be told what is good about my writing. Do me a favor, dig into the negativ.. more..

Writing