The Dinosaur Trip

The Dinosaur Trip

A Story by tarah morris

Max absolutely loved dinosaurs. His favorite things to do are; playing with his toy dinosaurs, watching them on the TV or at the cinema and reading about them in books. Max was really excited today though, because today was the day that mommy and daddy were taking him for a trip on the train to the big museum. Mommy and daddy had told Max that there would be so much to see and do at the museum, but the most interesting thing of all was that there was going to be a real-life skeleton of a T-Rex! Max couldn't wait to see for himself just how big the dinosaurs were that lived on Earth all those millions of years ago.


After getting off the train with mommy and daddy, Max felt as though the long walk to the museum was never going to end. How many different shops, restaurants and cars are they going to have to walk past until he got to see the T-Rex? When they finally arrived outside the museum, Max looked up and saw just how big the museum was. "If the museum is THIS big, just imagine how big the dinosaur that they keep inside there is going to be!" Max said to mommy.


After daddy paid for the tickets with the money from his wallet and they walked into the big entrance of the museum, mommy asked a question. "Okay darling, what would you like to go see first? We can go see the giant whale skeleton, or maybe the butterfly collection?" Max didn't want to see the whale, or the butterflies, or even the really old things from Ancient Egypt. He wanted to make sure that the first thing they saw today was the most important thing of all.


"Mommy, can we go see the dinosaurs please? The T-Rex first!"

"Of course we can Max. We can go see whatever you'd like!" she replied. As they turned the corner and made their way towards the place on the museum map where the dinosaur was pictured, Max saw a HUGE queue, with lots and lots of people waiting to see the dinosaur too!


"DADDY!!! Look how many other people are already waiting to see the dinosaur!" he cried, "We will be waiting ALL DAY to see the T-Rex with a queue that big!" Looking down at Max, daddy calmly said to him, "Don't worry Max, it probably looks a lot longer than it actually is, it's moving already so I'm sure we won't have to wait long at all."


This definitely made Max feel better, and just like daddy said, the line to see the dinosaur wasn't too long at all, and before he knew it, they were entering the same room as the T-Rex. Max was so excited that he let go of mommy's hand to run up and get a close look at the huge dinosaur, and it really was as big as it had looked in all the television programmes and films about dinosaurs he had seen before!


Something was wrong, because when Max turned around, he could no longer see mommy or daddy. "MOMMY... DADDY... WHERE ARE YOU? I CAN'T SEE YOU!" he screamed. As they ran around the museum looking for mommy and daddy, suddenly Max realized just how far they had travelled from the dinosaur section, and now he was stranded right next to a huge blue whale with no sign of them whatsoever!


There was only one thing Max could think of to do in order to find mommy and daddy though; and with one deep breath in, Max did his very best dinosaur impression. "ROOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!" Guess what? It worked! Just as he finished the giant roar, mommy and daddy ran up to Max, "Max thank goodness we have found you!" mommy said. "We don't know what happened but somehow we lost you! Are you okay my darling?"


Standing up tall and looking at mommy, Max said "Of course I am okay mommy. I managed to find you and daddy with my T-Rex ROOAAARRR!" By the time Max, mommy and daddy made it back to see the T-Rex all together, the museum was near closing time, which was absolutely amazing because it meant that they got to enjoy the dinosaur exhibition completely to themselves! Max couldn't wait to show everyone his dinosaur roar that helped him find mommy and daddy at school on Monday.


© 2017 tarah morris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on November 15, 2017
Last Updated on November 15, 2017

Author

tarah morris
tarah morris

Massillon, OH



About
I graduated from Perry high school in 2017. I was on the NTHS for two year and took graphic design for two year also in high school. I am now a full time student at Stark State College, majoring in Di.. more..

Writing