Untitled

Untitled

A Story by that_awkward_ho
"

I wrote this late at night, in winter. I can't think of a title so if you want, feel free to suggest any. Thanks

"

Summer days are captivating. The way the days start early and end slowly. The sun taking it’s time to descend; casting pink and red hues all over the evening sky.

As I sit here on the roof of this old house, I wonder how God made these summer nights and these summer days. They seem too beautiful to be made on purpose. Maybe God accidentally split paints on his canvas, what we call the sky. Staring at the summer sky, with the hues varying day by day, distracts me from the constant blackness of my world. The whirlwind of dark, stormy, and uninviting colors painting chaos in my life.

As I sit here on the roof of this old decaying house, wondering and marveling at this eye-catching scene, I realize something. Someone out there is watching the sun rise as I watch it set.

So as I sit here on the roof of this old, decaying, tumbling house I bid adieu to the person across the world watching the winter sun arise, as I watch the summer sun set.

“It’s marvelous isn’t it?” I ask my friend across the globe. The house crumbles beneath me, and the sun disappears.  

© 2019 that_awkward_ho


Author's Note

that_awkward_ho
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on February 15, 2019
Last Updated on February 15, 2019
Tags: sun, life, death, depression, sadness, summer, winter, happiness

Author

that_awkward_ho
that_awkward_ho

Manhattan, NY



About
I am just an awkward ho who writes angry, sad, love, and sometimes happy poetry. more..

Writing