Only we know

Only we know

A Story by eru
"

Unspoken words, hidden and tucked between the deep folds of scars laying on one's own heart. Slowly, gentle strokes became words which fluttered across their faces revealing only to themselves what had been hidden for a long period of time.

"

 "So where're you going?"

 

I said while tugging my shirt and looking coldly in her deep brown eyes. She looked back at me and without hesitations she said,

 

 "Well, maybe I'd just hangout by the cafe."

 

I was disappointed by the fact that she didn't offer to come with me, but then knowing Naomi I wouldn't really expect that she'd offer something I wanted. Nevertheless I let her off and gave everything I could not to let a hint of sadness be traced upon my lips,

 

"Oh, ok... see ya."

 

She waved her hands and walked the direction opposite to mine. I tried walking quickly because it was raining by that time, yet my eyes which were glued on her, stopped me from doing so. I kept thinking of going back to come with her and chat a little bit, after all it was the only time during that week that I could spend some time alone with her. After taking a few steps, I realized that I was walking in the wrong direction. Maybe the small drops of rain that kept falling over me, washed away all doubts that I was having. My footing became fast as I wanted to catch up on her. With my hand holding up an umbrella, I walked by her side and made her feel my presence by sharing the warmth beneath my little shelter during cold and rainy days.

 

She smiled and looked at me,

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Embarrassed with the fact that she knew knew why I was back, I blurted out an obvious lie,

 

"I-I forgot something."

 

She smiled even more and pulled me closer to her. I swear I could almost feel my cheeks burn during that time, but no, I had to hide every inch of longing away from her. I need not shed a single emotion because I know it was wrong. Naomi is already in a relationship and I can never have her, anymore.

 

She led the way towards the cafe. Despite getting damp by the rain, we managed to keep warm by sitting away from the door. She ordered herself a drink as I waited by the table resting my head in my arms. I tried to hide myself by burying my head away from her eyes. It had been painful to look at those eyes ever since they'd been together; It had been very painful because I know I still wanted her.

-will add soon-

© 2009 eru


Author's Note

eru
I'm having a writer's block today. will try to add if possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would like to know what happens next, the story by itself seems a little childish and cute, but believe when I say it's not bad. I enjoyed reading and even wanted to imagine myself in it. When you finish this story please feel free to add the writing to my group. Keep it up, and continue writing as continue breathing.
Yours Faithfully,
Demeter Suhcej

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I would like to know what happens next, the story by itself seems a little childish and cute, but believe when I say it's not bad. I enjoyed reading and even wanted to imagine myself in it. When you finish this story please feel free to add the writing to my group. Keep it up, and continue writing as continue breathing.
Yours Faithfully,
Demeter Suhcej

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 27, 2009
Last Updated on June 29, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

eru
eru

Nowhere



About
I am eru and I have come face to face with this website not because I'm fond of writing but because I need to write just like how I need to breath. I am the great escapist who has escaped boundaries, .. more..

Writing
Wishes Wishes

A Story by eru