Blood Lies

Blood Lies

A Story by thelibran
"

Kira's scepticism towards vampires was overturned when she started having her own encounters. Left with a mysterious note and an unknown past, she races against time to piece the missing puzzle

"
“I don’t believe in vampires. They don’t exist...” 

They don’t.

It felt like a surreal moment from a movie scene. A set of polished ivory teeth stared in front of Kira gleaming under the dimmed light. A left canine protruded out as he gave a smug. Its unusually sharp fang-like tip pressed slightly on the lower lips.

“A vampire? This can’t be,” she muttered in her heart.

Kira grew overwhelmed with the realization that the truth was finally staring back at her. Her friend, Jackie was not lying when she came crying to Kira relating of the close encounter with the being. She dismissed Jackie’s experience as part of a hallucination having been under the prescription of psychoactive drugs. It was the last time she had spoken to Jackie ever since that incident. 

Kira could barely make a move, either she was frozen because of fear or something was freezing her in place. Her mind blacked out of any response to ‘fight’ or ‘flight’, feeling only her heartbeat racing at the sight of fangs as it grew closer. 

His facial features had blended with the light cast from the spotlights hanging above. Part of the man’s pale face shadowed from the light, freckles dotted under his green-veined eyes and on his nose. His eyes pierced with evil, looking at its prey as if giving a moment to breathe before he making his final kill. Instantly, he threw his head back and lunged forward towards Kira’s neck with mouth wide open brandishing the pair of fangs. 

“Too late Kira!!” her heart screamed out in fear as she closed her eyes instinctively out of terror on meeting her fate.

A male voice howled in agony 

She felt herself being hoisted up from the ground below her from something pressing against her chest. She opened up her eyes to see an arm.

Who? Her mind flooded with a barrage of thoughts, still shocked from a near death.

‘Noooo... let me gooo!’ she pleaded and kicked her legs violently in the air trying to break free from the hold.  

Kira saw the fire coming out from the man’s hands and face, raging to other parts of his body. His screams became drowned and muffled as the fire engulfed his body turning it to ashes slowly. She felt the heat from the fire singe her face and turned away from it. 

Kira felt herself swinging like a rag doll from side to side still locked in the embrace. The being holding her jabbed another man with a dagger, bursting the body into flames and slowly disintegrating to ashes. 

The tightness around her ribcage loosened sending her swooping to the carpeted ground. She landed on her sides, just a step away from the pile of ashes. 

“You shall not remember” a man’s voice spoke from behind her.

.....

© 2017 thelibran


Author's Note

thelibran
Hi there thanks for reading, please ignore the grammatical errors as this is the draft piece. What do you think of this a beginning chapter, does the writing require more depth

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on October 5, 2017
Last Updated on October 5, 2017
Tags: fantasy, vampire, fiction

Author