My personal  haven

My personal haven

A by Shannon
"

Just a descriptive paragraphi submitted for a contest.

"

The moonlights rays kissed the surface of the glass still water. Shining through the overhead canopy of green leaves and thick branches. Persuading the shadows into a frenzied retreat to the basis of tree trunks and the shelter of rocks. The trees, how they waved in the gentle wind, the tall oaks surrounded the clearing and small stream, the willow that loomed above me seemed to be alive and engaged in an elegant dance with the breeze. Wildflowers and tall grass quivered, anxious to join in and waltz to a song unheard of by the ears of men. A few petals fought free of their green restraints and joined int eh frantic twirl of its neighbors turning in the air flipping somersaults like small colorful acrobats. I sighed and leaned against the willow, running my hand along its age smoothed bark, reveling in the beauty of this simple being of nature, so simple... yet mesmerizing. How the branches flowed  nearly to the earth and traced lazy lines and caused ripples on the surface of the clear pool that reflected the entire scene like a portal to a whole other more perfect peaceful dimension. Fireflies had drifted lazily into the clearing, dancing with the willow and the flower petals. They're glowing bodies twinkling like earthbound stars, moving in harmony with each other as though each move had been choreographed and practiced for hours on end. only the gentle murmur of a stream that filled the pool broke the otherwise perfect silence of the clearing. As though it where isolated from the outside world, a haven in its own definition, a place to come and think without interruption. I let my hand drift down from the trunk of the willow and let it lazily drift over the dew moistened grass, reveling in its cool touch and the light perfume smell that drifted up from the flowers beside me. Elegant bluebells, rising from the ground and curving before blossoming into the elegant petals that glowed a stunning violet-blue in the moonlight. This meadow was perfect, my spot to think, to dream, to get away from it all. It was my personnel haven.

© 2009 Shannon


Author's Note

Shannon
just something i threw together real quick. Reviews are appreciated thanks ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this was brilliant. A few errors, but nothing serious. I loved the picture you have managed to paint in the readers mind. commendable work =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very pleasing to the mind and appeals to the five senses, and could probably appeal to the sixth sense if we did so have one.
Great write Shannon, we structures and pieced together beautifully.
~D♥m♥~

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It paints quite a picture...great visualization...I'm having Creative Writing flashbacks...O_O omg hangman! lolz

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2009
Last Updated on December 9, 2009

Author

Shannon
Shannon

PA



About
I joined this site in 2009, when I was writing poetry exclusively. However my range has expanded and blended. My once short poems are now some sort of descriptive paragraph/free verse hybrid. I .. more..

Writing
Teaser Teaser

A Chapter by Shannon


Maps Maps

A Chapter by Shannon