Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by tigersight

(Synopsis


What would you do if your entire world was stolen in a single moment? And in the bleak darkness, when your world seems like it finally can exist again… you had to be the one to destroy it?


Tigersight was sixteen when his entire world was erased from existence. Forced into a life of slavery in the grueling Egyptian Desert, under the command of a pharaoh, he must will himself to live; in a place so barren even the foliage cannot thrive. He meets some friends one of them may just be the love of his life…and while protecting the one he loves; he is set on a crash course for his assassination, his only form of protection a cave that holds the secrets of a long forgotten age.


Will Tigersight have the courage to do all that is necessary or will he embrace a darkness that has plagued the world for more than five thousand years? The only real question is; what choice would you make?    Synopsis)







The legend of Tigersight


By

Aaron Bishton


A.K.A Tigersight/Tigore






Prologue






Darkness filled the room, the woman holding the lantern could barely see her hand in front of her face she was a shorter girl with straight long combed hair underneath her hat She sighed “How are we supposed to see if there are any light sensitive documents if I can’t even see?”

Just then the radio on her belt when off "echo seventy five delta - seventy five delta do you read." Pulling the radio from her belt she answered "echo seventy five delta to beta - three do you copy."

“Yea I Copy”

“Hey who am I talking to anyway?”


“This is Markos who was a tall man with brown saggy hair and a serious look about him that says I take life way to seriously; Sophia, Stop wasting time and do your job! We need to see if this tomb has any traps. Over, honestly I should be down there not her, she such a lazy…”

“Hey Markos you forgot to turn off the radio” Sophia replied

“Will you both knock it off!” says a voice to her right “In case you haven’t noticed were about 300 feet below ground, and there’s not a lot of oxygen down here so stop wasting it by yacking your jaws!!” Sophia looks over at a slightly chubby man with black hair, “Cool your jets Eli; seriously you’re such a tight…”


“Don’t you finish that sentence Sophia!” Jayden scolded her.

“Hey don’t tell me what to Do, Jayden”

A different man’s voice comes on over the radio.

“Stop acting like a bunch of three year olds, we all know you hate each other but come on stop putting on a show… we need to know what’s down there so we can send you your equipment.” 


Sophia comes on the radio with

“There’s a big wall in front of us, I don’t think it’s too thick we could probably just break it open.”

“Try for as little damage as possible, this is the only unscathed Egyptian tomb left on earth…”the man on the radio communicated.


“So I’m guessing C4 is out of the question?” Eli chimes in.

“Did you come to work wearing your stupid Cap? Of Course it’s out of the question!” Sophia yelled at Eli

“Well do you got any better idea’s” Eli argued

Sophia said nothing


“Right then; I think 3 lb. outta do nicely.”

“You have gone completely off the deep end!” Sophia yelled

“Shut up for a second you two” Jayden Silenced them “Eli how big are those charges?”

Sophia interrupted “Have you both gone mad? This is the only underline only unscathed tomb left on earth, and you’re going to use C4 to blow it and us to kingdom come! 


How about something more delicate like a saw, hmm?” Eli looks at her "a saw, a saw do you even her yourself when you talk the wall is made of stone how on earth are you going to saw through a stone wall" Sophia replies "with a laser saw" Eli shrugs his shoulders "yea OK let me know when those have been invented will you next thing we know we will be talking like Yoda "turn left you should shut up you should" O look already he has wise advice"


“This door is not that thick so it’s a waste of time, plus it would take more time to get a saw down here and it’s already cramped in here as it is. Eli how large…”

Sophia interrupted again, “So let’s used dynamite, because this space is small and we want to lose a leg!”


Jayden's reply was slow and deliberate. “Eli how large is those charges?”

“About medium sized enough to block any kind of booby trap made of solid rock.”

“OK then; I need you to break open one of the charges, and use the powder from inside and a tiny amount of this water, to make a paste and put it on the door, then light it up…”

“My pleasure.” Eli replies a small smile appeared on his face.


“Pyro!” Sophia mumbled. Eli lights a cigar putting it in his mouth and says "OH YEEEAAA"

Plug your Ears and close your eyes!” Eli exclaimed and before they could get a chance, he lit the bomb paste, sending dust flying everywhere. A loud explosion fallowed by the sound of rocks falling greets their ears.

Both Jayden and Sophia yelled “Have you lost your mind??!”

“We were supposed to take some kind of cover; you could have blinded us or deafened us!” Sophia finished yelling


“Jeez! Don’t get you panties in a twist, Sophia” Eli smirked while twisting the cigar

Sophia replied by slapping him cross the face knocking the cigar from his mouth it fell and landed on the crate of explosives


“Can we continue working now that you have achieved your point” Jayden looks at Sophia “and you’ve earned yourself a restraining order?” he glared at Eli. Who yelled “RUN NOWWW!

Eli ran forward pushing Sophia and Jayden into the Large open room without taking a second to respond just as the remainder of Eli's explosive go off sealing them in the room.

This room was a dead end no door just a pedestal with a large, emerald shaped stone, the color of blood with slivers of gold in it on it hieroglyphics covered the walls telling of a great leader the greatest pharaoh in history "what the hell just happened?" Jayden asks

Eli responds "my cigar that was knocked out of my mouth” he stares at Sophia “lit the rest of my explosives” Jayden shies "well since we now have time to kill let’s look around"

“Jackpot!” Eli exclaimed as he reached out to pick up the large, emerald shaped stone.


“Freeze!” Jayden yelled

Eli stopped just before picking up the stone.

“Why did you stop me?”

“Booby traps, did you even think to check?”

“I’m shocked he listened when you told him to freeze” Sophia chuckled she grabs her nose “and what’s that god awful smell."

“You’re not helping.” Jayden pinched the bridge of his nose

Just then they heard the radio fuzz

“Sorry I didn’t hear that, please repeat Beta.”

Is everything OK down there we heard that explosion and we couldn’t get through to you.”

“Yea, everything is great. We opened that door as far as I can tell we don’t need much more than a couple of things, to examine the room. O and we kind of caused a cave in and we are stuck but unharmed thanks to Eli”

“I need a list then, don’t have me send you something you don’t plan on using.”

“We need some brushes, camera’s you know the usual”

“Your job is to find a stop we can drill down to so that we can get a better team in there than you three bumbling idiots.”

Sophia stole the radio from Jayden’s hand and angrily replied back.

“Thanks for making us feel so important!”

“It’s not my job to make you feel important sweet heart; it’s my job to make sure you do your job… Now do your job and stop complaining!”

Just then a crash noise interrupted him.

Eli that was our only light,” Jayden said as he dropped the radio.

And as the rest of the flame finished burning the remainder of the lighter fluid, the whole room began to glow an extremely bright blue color. The walls which had originally been covered in hieroglyphics about the Pharaoh's life began to change a chemical-luminescence substance changed and rearranged the symbols on the wall to form another story entirely. 


Sophia says to her partners "Jayden, come here and read this, you’re the most experienced at reading hieroglyphics." Jayden begins to read. “Hmmm it says, this is not the tomb of the greatest pharaoh in history, we had to cover the truth up, and we had to bury his secrets with him.”


Eli interrupts "I think we have stumbled on to something greater than an untouched tomb we have discovered hidden history. Eli says "hey come here quick!" All three run over. One wall is covered in unrecognizable blue symbols; there was an emerald shaped hole in the center exactly like the emerald Eli tried to pick up earlier. 


Eli pipes up “hey guys start reading.” Sophia looks over "why" Eli replies "because that’s not just a pretty wall, it’s a door." Sophia pulls the radio out of her belt "hey put a hold on lowering that equipment" she says as she shuts the radio off. The wall randomly flashes to readable symbols it says"


THIS IS THE LEGEND OF TIGERSIGHT.



© 2012 tigersight


Author's Note

tigersight
I added a Synopsis at the beginning of this chapter, so you could see if the book sounds good

thank you for your time

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012