The legend of Tigersight chapter 2

The legend of Tigersight chapter 2

A Chapter by tigersight

Chapter 2






It almost night when he finally opens his eyes the animals leave as he gets up he walks to his village. It’s easy to find for him since he is always coming and going. Hunting or gathering supplies makes sure that Tiger knows his territory quite well. 


As Tiger approaches he notices that the lights from the village are bight torches lining the gathering circle Tiger walks around the clearing looking for a seat. He sits by his friend Tale and master Heartfire. Tiger looks around the gathering circle the smiles of his fellow tribes men greet him men and women of every ethnicity. 


Tiger then looks down the pathway, being gifted with night vision. Tiger is the only one who can see the elders coming in the darkness just beyond the torches light.

As they approach Tiger stands to show his respect slowly everyone copies Tiger example. The elders walk in to the light and form a half circle. They were old beyond age the wisdom shining in their eyes spoke of unspeakable knowledge and power. The elder in the center, a man with gray hair and beard standing at five nine, stepped forward looking around him as he spoke, his voice was as old as time.

"We stand among you once again to perform a ceremony. This ceremony represents the honor and glory of our tribe.

For generation this has sheltered us in the knowledge of what the fates ask us to do with our lives. It shows us who we are inside; it is the rite of passage, now we shall be bringing a new brother in to our ranks.


Tiger please step forward" Tiger walks out and stands before the elders his tunic glowing in the light. "Tiger"

The elder continued

"When you were born the heavens spoke to us they spoke of cat like grace and power. So we bestowed the name Tiger upon you for your courage and your strength.

We have watched you grow with us to embody everything this tribe stands for and now we ask you.

Will you uphold our traditions and go above and beyond your physical limits to defend this tribe even at the cost of your life."

The elder to the right, a woman by the name of Pantherdream speaks.

“Will you journey down this road and become one with the tribe."


Tiger looks into the elder’s eyes and proudly states

“I will, no matter the cost"

The elders’ motion for Tiger to fallow them

"Then come with us young worrier"

The elders and Tiger head for the cave of everlasting.

The elders stop at the entrance of the cave

"We will enter with you"

One of them says, another pipes up

"But once we enter you may not speak."

Tiger nods once and replies "yes master"


They enter the cave and darkness surrounds them. This was no nighttime darkness this was darkness at its strongest form not even Tigers eyes could penetrate its depths. Sometime after twisting tunnels of that everlasting darkness. Tiger sensed that he had entered a gigantic room Tiger walked forward then a light and the voice of fate spoke to him.

It was all consuming he heard it in his mind and out load


"We have watched you since you were formed out of the endless ocean that is creation. Your exploits have preceded you and while your destiny is uncertain it will shape how the world around you works and now we condemn you to the light and let you name be know." Then Tiger's life flashed before his eyes not just his past but his future it flew threw his mind at a pace he could not begin to understand.

Then the spirits moved throughout the room a tiger, bear, wolf, eagle, panther, rat, and all the other animals swirled around him. Filling him with radiant joy and filling his spirit with peace. If only for a moment Tiger knew the nature of the universe. Then it was gone and fate spoke again


"Tiger, you have proven yourself worthy and now we bestow your name upon you may you forever be known as Tigersight."

Then in a flash Tigersight saw the beginnings of the universe and then darkness consumed the cave again.

The elders walked forward

"Welcome to the tribe Tigersight"

Said the elders they all walked out if the cave which happened to be not as dark as it was when he entered. Upon returning to camp the elders stopped him "Tigersight you may not speak of the ceremony to anyone. It was for you alone"


Tigersight bowed and said "yes master"

An astounding uproar met them as they entered the camp.

"What’s your new name", "what was it like” "welcome back" the voices blended together?

Then the elders spoke

“We now present Tigersight your fellow tribesmen"



© 2012 tigersight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012