Mere Words

Mere Words

A Poem by Choosing Life
"

When actions don't follow words become weightless.

"

 

 

 

 

 

Why is it that actions don’t match words most of the time? Why is it that line after from your lips increase in beauty but your action diminishes more and more? If words were not present what would be left of us? Only thoughts, perhaps. For your behavior eludes the points you so eloquently state... I could fall in love with your pen with out giving it a second thought. But where is the proof that your seal holds it’s own truth, own power, own validity... What you hope to do, long to do, and actually put into effect are different indeed. I read the fine print and I conclude that you are mere words. Words of beauty meant to take this heart prisoner. Not that I wouldn’t be a willing prisoner of the beauty of your scribe but.... It takes more than words that make me gasp at the end of each sentence read and said.. More than promises that never materialize beyond the breath that escapes you as you speak them. More than the hot air that travels to be the aroma that has the purpose of carrying me away.They have the power to make me take flight, but it is your actions and lack there of, that keeps me walking on solid ground. The high doesn’t last after the line has danced through my mind. It evaporates like dew drops in the morning. Beautifully they sweetly dampen the air in my mind and then vanish into nothing....

© 2008 Choosing Life


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Words are always easier to believe than reality.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It must be a poet's luck to meet another. I have met them all too Sister of the Pen...
I wrote a pen a while back calle dpen pimping speaking on this very topic. I meet great thinkers and artictic movers of my soul but very few that last beyond the words they spew. They create beautiful unions with words and then fade to black. I catch tears wwhile watching the rolling credits , thinking what a shame it ened like this... I am so dramatic.. tee heee... Glad your here~

Posted 16 Years Ago


I really, really, like this! You said it all so well. As a writer myself I became confused early on between words and actions. Yes, words are so seductive and I have fallen for them more than I have not. It is exciting for me to read another's experience so similar to my own. A hard lesson- hard won- for me was to rearrange my thinking, change my personal belief to allow the cliche "Actions speak louder than words" I had thought it was the other way around-such a writer and lover of words am I-sometimes a gift sometimes a curse-Your descriptions of non-action accurately portray the reality behind all those smooth talkers/players out there..Some days I think I met them all -lol- Thanks for sharing this-made my day -You know-One of those-"Eureka!" Moments ;-D

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reads as if I could hear you speaking it to me aloud, and I will say, its weight carries forth indiscriminately. I myself feel just about shamed, as if I were the spoken sinner themself.

Passion's greatest nemesis is cowardice...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2008
Last Updated on February 15, 2008

Author

Choosing Life
Choosing Life

Closer To Me...Nearer to Thee



About
I work and go to school fulltime so sometimes I have to post and run. It is just me and my little Yorkie, Prissy~ I could say more but no need... Read me and know me... Be Well. If you just must kno.. more..

Writing