Darkness

Darkness

A Story by Mystery Wanderer

As the sunsets over the horizon, the most mesmerizing entity comes alive. With such grace and beauty it floods the area with ease. When this entity comes out from hiding, it hides all the physical flaws of modern society and makes you experience the ratifying beauty that is silence.

                As this opaque blanket covers all that surrounds it allows for the human mind to block out reality and focus on what really matters, sanity. But as time progresses, sanity starts to become too sane causing the complete opposite, insanity

                At this point is where the darkness Is no longer just an entity, but it becomes yourself. Over time it has slowly crept into our hearts, minds and souls causing nothing but numbness. Sooner or later this numbness takes over your life, affecting our daily lives. This numbness causes us not to feel pain, but worst of all, to not feel life. This numbness causes us to feel like we don’t exist, this gives the feeling of being useless, a waste of oxygen, a waste of space. Here is where it gets to the point of no return.

                Beyond this point is the start of the rest of your life, but with a slight twist. Your life will now consist of countless sleepless nights, thousands if not millions of tears, and worst of all; the relief.  This relief isn't found through puppies and kittens, no darling it’s much worse. Do you remember seeing that girl with what seemed to be like cat scratches up her arms? Or maybe you saw a guy with similar marks. Back then you thought nothing of them, but all of that is about to change.

                Next thing you know is that you've found a new best friend. You've become very fond of it because it takes your pain away. But be careful for the aftermath, the regret. This will soon make you regret everything you have ever done in your life. Soon you’ll get addicted to the feeling you get from this best friend, the feeling of complete relaxation and relief. There’s only one slight difference with your new friend…

                It’s a blade.

                The feeling you get as the soft gentle edge of the sharp shimmering blade kisses your skin is indescribable. This feeling becomes more addicting as time goes on and you’ll find yourself craving its presence every minute of every day. The addiction becomes overwhelming.

                Its three o’clock in the morning, your family is sound asleep, but where are you? You’re in the corner, with that trusty blade of yours pressing against your delicate skin. But your mind, your mind is in a different state. Your thoughts are slowly suffocating you. All you want is for the thoughts and pain to end.

                Suicide.

                You sneak upstairs to discover what’s in the medicine cabinet. You swallow a handful of each pill, you kiss your trust best friend goodbye and thank it for always being there for you when you’re in distress.

                You don’t wake up the next day. Congratulations, you've found true relief…

                Death. 

© 2017 Mystery Wanderer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 23, 2017