The Antagonist Strikes Back

The Antagonist Strikes Back

A Story by TopHatGirl
"

This is for a contest called Behind The Villain. Bad guys aren't always bad.

"

    I am controlled. I am a puppet hanging on a string being toyed with by my master. A robot only controlled to do it's specific orders of its creator. I am the dog on a leash lead by his owner. But I want to be free.

-------------------

  "Raven!" My master called. "Get your a*s over here." I sighed and swiftly joined his side. I kneeled and asked,

   "What do you desire, Master?" I ask. My master leans back in his chair and lights his cigar.

   "The Red Blade gang is back in town. Remember the trouble they caused me last time? Well, that was the last time I'm going to stand their goody two shoes ways. Who wants Earth to be free anyways? I'm sick of it. But no, they had to shut downmy last operation." he puffed out a cloud of smoke. "Kill their leader, Maxwell. He's at the Moonlight Bar. Do it  swift and painless, or slow and tormenting, I don't give a s**t, as long as he's dead. Do it tonight, or back into jail you go." I nodded once. "Now leave my sight." he ordered, and I was dissmissed.

   -At Moonlight Bar-

 I was in the back alleyway, waiting for Maxwell to emerge. He never uses the front doors, or people like me will notice and kill him. Like I was about to do. I toyed with the gun in my hands. I don't like killing. I actually hated it. But my master took me in when I was arrested for stealing money and now I work for him. Permanatly. I was trained to kill, to be heartless, and to never have mercy. But I couldn't do it, so I started faking evil. But the killing part, I couldn't fake. I've killed hundreds.

   Maxwell emerges from the bar, and I spring into action. I was behind him, gun pointed at his forehead. "Don't move." I whispered. "And I'll make this quick and painless."  I dropped him to the ground. "Get up." I said. He scrambled to his feet. I got a full view of his face. With his chisled face, straight nose, piercing blue eyes and messy hair some could call him handsome.

  "Look, here's the thing. My master wants you dead, you got that?" I ask. He nods. I smirk. "You know, I thought you would be tougher than this, hearing your reputation. But now I know your just pathetic, like everyone else." He smiles.

  "Oh really?" he asked. I'm puzzled for a quick second while he pulls out a gun from nowhere. "See? I have a pretty gun too."He says mockingly. I grit my teeth.

   "Shut up!" I growl. His smile gets wider.  We're facing eachother, guns pointed at the other's head. We walked closer and closer to eachother until we were only inches apart.

   "Y'know, you're pretty cute for an assassin." he says, gun still pointed.

   "You're pretty cute for a posuer jerk." I spat back.

   "Ooooo someones bitter today." he says. I feel like punching his pretty face.

   "You're so annoying!" I yell.

  "Says the person whos trying to kill me."

  "Says the person who is going to kill you!" I say. Then I came even closer to him. I push his gun away and lean into him. "You are so dead." I whisper. Our faces are inches apart. Suddenly, he presses his lips against mine, and we kiss. My insides glow, and I drop my gun. I was so shocked by the moment that I forgot everything. When we pull away, I gasp for air.

   "T-that. Was. Incredible." I say. He nods in agreement.

   "I can't believe I did that." he says. "But...I don't regret it. Not one bit."

   "Well now I know I can't kill you." I say jokingly. But the truth in that statement dawned on me. "S**t. I can't kill you. I'm screwed! My master will kill me, or put me back in jail." Maxwell put a comforting hand on me.

   "We'll figure something out. " He assures me.

   "No we won't. He'll find out." I say. "Unless..." I let my voice trail off.

   "Unless what?" he asks.

   "Unless I kill him. Then I'll be free. Forever." I say. My whole body fills with glee just by saying the words.

      "I'll help you in anyway I can." he says. I kiss him again.

    "I know." I whisper.

   *Back in the Warehouse (Where the master lives)   *

   My master sleeps on his bed like a small child. As i watch him, my body fills with rage with memories of how many times he's abused me, insulted me, or been utterly repulsive. I point my gun to his head. My hand shakes, but Maxwell steadies it.

   "It must be done." he whispers. He's right. My master has killed thousands, stole from hundreds, and had little regard for good and evil. And I've been apart of it. I've helped kill, helped steal, help make the world a worst place.  I close my eyes and pull the trigger. A tear runs down my cheek. It is done. No longer will I feel the guilt whenever I hurt an innocent person. Maxwell held my hand, and we walked away.

 

   Good and evil no longer exsists for us, just love. I am free.

   

 

© 2009 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
I know that I switched from past tense to present in the middle of the story. I'm sorry about that. Please review, this took a long time tomake.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, that was earth shattering! The sort of plot I want to be able to come up with. All I have to say is its a little fast but I guess you have to go fast with a short story. I love that the mean old boss is killed in the end and I love that she got together with Maxwell, its the kind of thing I would do. And the get together was priceless. I think that the story is so gripping that you don't really notice the slip in tenses till you look back. Awsome story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

amazing. simply amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was just EFFIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, that was earth shattering! The sort of plot I want to be able to come up with. All I have to say is its a little fast but I guess you have to go fast with a short story. I love that the mean old boss is killed in the end and I love that she got together with Maxwell, its the kind of thing I would do. And the get together was priceless. I think that the story is so gripping that you don't really notice the slip in tenses till you look back. Awsome story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 28, 2009

Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl