Rain

Rain

A Story by Annie Nicole

raining 
drip....drop.....drip
calm feelings overwhelming emotions lost from days of hard work. 
You sit with the breath of the breeze brought with this future storm.
Birds and squirrels hurry towards and up trees protecting families of those they care for.
You close your eyes as wet drizzles race down toward your chin, dripping off one at a time.
crashing and rumbling thunders tumble through gray clouds, reaching closer to your mark on this planet. 
clouds running wildly, as you no longer see the glimpse of the long lost sun. 
highways filled with cars gliding through puddles of neglected artifacts created by the rain. 
you jump in fear and anxiety as loud crashes appear above your head sending sound waves the size of the ocean. 
no longer drips nor drops but streaks of clear water piercing through leaves and petals.
you don't move, you are now lost in the rain waiting for it to come to a stop.
the wetness that surrounds your every touch is now part of you as your soul is to your body. 
with scrunched eyes you begin to feel less drizzles hitting you.
once again drips and drops.
Drip...drop...drip
the rain has finished its story with us as it moves toward other areas to share its life once more.

© 2016 Annie Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Annie. I enjoyed the story of the rain. The good description create visions of place, life and thoughts. I liked the ending. The rain of a life can send us to many places and allow us to know many chances. Thank you for sharing the amazing tale.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Annie Nicole

7 Years Ago

Wow thank you so much for your very kind comments!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.



Reviews

Dear Annie. I enjoyed the story of the rain. The good description create visions of place, life and thoughts. I liked the ending. The rain of a life can send us to many places and allow us to know many chances. Thank you for sharing the amazing tale.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Annie Nicole

7 Years Ago

Wow thank you so much for your very kind comments!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
Is it weird I can almost smell the rain? Haha anyway this was a lovely read. I pictured a beautiful rain storm and that made me smile. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Annie Nicole

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Im glad it made you happy : )
Stunning!!!

What a lovely way you have described the beautiful scene of rain, it seemed vivid the way you have described it... I like the way you brought a peaceful feel throughout this short story... The rain drops were alive through the story even when you were describing other things...

The most beautiful thing about this piece of art is that it is very much bears a purity and your last line about the rain that it will move towards another place bring life there is totally amazing... Short and truly beautiful...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Annie Nicole

7 Years Ago

Wow thank you for the very nice comments, I truly appreciate it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2016
Last Updated on June 8, 2016

Author

Annie Nicole
Annie Nicole

Peace , RI



About
My inspiration to do what I love comes from the deepest roots inside. From my feelings and emotions, to my experiences with the battle of life. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


more of.. more of..

A Poem by emmajoy