~Gone~

~Gone~

A Story by La Princesa

“911 what’s your emergency?”

“She’s gone! She left…”

“Sir…”

“She’s not here. She’s on her own…”

“Sir…”

Why’d she leave? Where could she be?”

“SIR!”

“SHE’S GONE!”

“Sir, I need you to calm down now…”

“I can’t, she’s gone. She left, she’s gone…”

“Sir, who is She?”

“My daughter. She’s 15. My daughter… she’s gone”

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

“Do you have any idea why your daughter would run away?”

“No. I can’t believe she left… what did I do wrong? Why did she leave?”

“We’re trying to figure that out right now. Officers are searching her bedroom for clues that could tell us where she went and why she left.”

“I can’t thank you enough Detective, but what do you expect to find? We were a happy family… she was happy. Why’d she leave?”

“Do you have any family that she would stay with?”

“No, not that she knows about.”

“Is there any way she could find out about any family you have?”

“I never mentioned any family; it was just us on holidays. Just the 3 of us…”

“Can you give me any names of her friends?”

“I don’t know who any of her friends are. She mostly kept to herself… I should’ve paid more attention! I’m such a horrible father…”

“Mr. Darsal, I’m sure that’s not true. Now can you please tell me…”

“Detective Morak, can I speak to you?”

“Yes of course… Mr. Darsal, I’ll just be a moment.”

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

“What is it Officer Warryn?”

“I found this in the girl’s bedroom”

“What is it?”

“It looks like her diary, but I’m not so sure,”

“We should show it to the dad, maybe he knows if it’s her diary? Although I wouldn’t count on it, because he doesn’t seem to know much.”

“Oh?”

“He just doesn’t know much about his daughter’s life.”

“It could just be that they were to busy with the new baby that was just born. She would’ve had a brother.”

“The Darsals probably were just busy with the new baby. Well then, let’s show Mr. Darsal the diary.”

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

“Mr. Darsal, this is Officer Warryn. He found this in your daughter’s room. Do you know what it is?”

“Yes! Yes I do!”

“Um, would you mind telling us sir?”

“Well this is her diary. She writes in it a lot, except she doesn’t call it her diary. She says it’s her notebook that she expresses her feelings in.”

“Do you mind if we take a look through it?”

“Well I’d like to look through it, too”

“Well then. We can all look through it right here, and right now.”

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

FOR THOSE LOOKING AT MY N.I.E.M.F.I.:

N.I.E.M.F.I. stands for Notebook I Express My Feelings In

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a diary

And you shouldn’t be reading this anyway

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Today’s the 3rd anniversary of mom’s death. Stupid cancer. Stupid, stupid cancer. I hate it so much I want to kill it. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!! However, what’s worse then mom’s death is Leslie. Why did dad have to meet her? Why couldn’t he have stayed home with me instead of going to that stupid party? Why can’t she just leave and never come back? I’m writing so many questions that will never be answered. But just because they won’t be answered doesn’t mean I can’t do anything about it...

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Dad dragged me along with him today to go buy a ring for Leslie. He said he wants to marry her, and spend the rest of his life with her. He also said that I should be happy for them, and happy that I’m going to have a new mom. I told him that I didn’t want a new mom; I wanted my old one back. He yelled at me and told me that I should enjoy the present, because it’s a gift, and not think back to the past. Then I asked him why he was thinking of the future instead of enjoying his so-called gift.  He didn’t say anything, but stormed out of the store. I had to follow and we didn’t talk the whole car ride home.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

We’ve been ring shopping lately, yet ever since what happened the first time, we haven’t talked much. I’m trying to act like I like Leslie, and that I’m willing to accept her as my new mom, even though I’m not willing to, because I still want my old mom back. I really want to make dad happy because when he’s sad, I get sad and then, well, I don’t like seeing dad sad. It’s depressing. I guess I’ll just keep faking it until I figure out what else I can do.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Oh. My. God. I just overheard dad and Leslie talking, and I didn’t hear what I wanted to hear. Dad and Leslie want kids, and it’s all because they want to “start a new family together.” Well blah, blah, blah. It’s all stupid talk, but knowing Leslie, if she can’t have kids, she’ll adopt some or something. When she wants something, she gets it, and she makes sure she gets it. She’s more stubborn than anyone you’ll ever meet, and she’s determined to get her way. Dad says that he likes that she knows what she wants and doesn’t give up. Yeah, sure.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Leslie’s birthday’s coming up, and dad wants to have a huge party. He says he’s going to invite all her friends and have a huge surprise party. He told me he’s going to need me to help and I agreed. I told him I’ll help by making the cake. Since Leslie’s favorite kind is devil’s (how ironic) food cake, I’ll make it, but I’ll make it my way. That’ll be my birthday present for the one that wants to be my new so-called mom...

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Today was Leslie’s party. The house was so crowded, filled with people talking, and mom’s screaming at their kids, and so on. I was in charge of babysitting all the little ones, and I wasn’t too happy about it. When I refused to, dad said he’ll pay me per kid per hour. That settled it, and I got good money. They were running around everywhere and screaming, and the only thing that stopped me from giving up, was dad’s promise. I knew he would keep it too, because he never, ever breaks his promises. Now I’m waiting. Just waiting…

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

It worked! I’m sitting in the hospital waiting room, because Leslie got food poisoning. Happy Birthday Leslie! Dad’s sitting by her side, all nervous and scared, and since Leslie’s got no family either, my dad’s all she’s got. I’m been getting pretty good at this acting thing, and I pretended to be scared and freaked out when the doctor came out to tell us that Leslie was poisoned. I said it was probably just some expired food or something, and tried to comfort my dad. When I couldn’t act any more, I told dad that he should go check on Leslie. He left and now I’m sitting here with a hidden grin.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Well this is just great. As soon as dad came out of Leslie’s room in the hospital, he had this huge (that’s an understatement) grin on his face. I just thought it was because the doctor’s told him that Leslie was fine and was going to be well soon, or some other cheesy thing like that. I was wrong. Dad and I went to lunch after that, but I tried to keep the topic off Leslie. After lunch, dad took me into Leslie’s room so I could see her. When I walked in the room, the first thing I noticed, before I noticed she was sleeping, was a sparkle. Something shiny caught my eye, and I stared. I stared at the engagement ring on her finger. Dad had proposed to Leslie when she was in her hospital bed. This was NOT part of the plan.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

I found out today how dad proposed to Leslie. Apparently, when Leslie fell asleep, he had slipped the ring on her finger. That’s why he was so happy at lunch. He had left her sleeping in the room, and that’s why when dad woke Leslie up, the ring was as much of a surprise to her as it was for me when I saw it. I wonder how embarrassing it would’ve been if Leslie didn’t want to marry dad…

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

When we got home, dad and Leslie, mostly Leslie, started planning their wedding. That is, after Leslie called all of her friends to tell them the big news. Leslie also decided that we should celebrate the “official-ness of her becoming my mom” as she said, by having a major shopping spree. Yay. Not. I just can’t wait for the wedding, but I have a feeling Leslie’s going to keep us all really busy, so probably won’t be able to write for a while… I’m so excited. Here. My. Joy.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

The wedding. Oh my God the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony, I have to admit, and the food was delicious, especially the desert, but everything else was horrible! When dad and Leslie kissed, it was, well… YUCK! They shouldn’t be kissing. Leslie isn’t good enough for dad, and dad doesn’t deserve anyone else besides mom. One thing I will make sure I’ll never, ever do is call Leslie “mom”. It’s stupid. She’s stupid. I can’t believe she made me wear that ugly, poofy, bright pink dress! Why couldn’t I wear black? Or even blue?

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

I hate teachers for giving to much homework. But I love them because I have an excuse not to go shopping with Leslie. I wish dad would stay home with me, though. I mean we used to be so close! Not as close as me and mom were of course, but a lot closer than we are now. With Leslie in the way, I don’t get much time with dad. Leslie’s a brick wall standing in my way and it needs to be, correction, it WILL BE knocked down.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

O yay. Leslie found out she’s pregnant. Yay. NOT! I don’t want a little brother or sister! They’ll just get in the way of me and dad, giving me more bricks to knock down. I better get a bigger hammer…

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Things have been so busy and hectic lately. Leslie’s running around stores, comparing prices on baby stuff, and I’m being dragged along. I’ve hardly even had time to finish my homework, which really annoys me. I just CAN’T WAIT until she finds out if it’s a boy or girl. Well this isn’t so much fun… Ha! Turns out I was right.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

I’m tired of this. Absolutely all of it. I think I’m going to leave. Yeah that’s a good idea. I’m leaving. But where?

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

I’ve come up with a plan. Well a plan for now anyways. I’ve been going to the library, telling dad that I like it there because it’s nice and quiet and there are lots of books. He believed me, and so now I sit at the library and plan. I plan my running away.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

 It’s official. I’m going to have a brother. Leslie’s going to have a baby boy, but the only reason why I’m considering it my brother is because my dad’s the father. I still don’t want a brother. I don’t even want a sister. This family’s annoying enough the way it is, we don’t need a little baby wailing and screaming all day and all night long.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Planning is in the air. Leslie and dad are planning the baby’s room, and Leslie’s planning her baby shower. Dad’s planning… well he’s just trying to keep up with Leslie really. She’s buying things left and right, and dad’s trying to find a way to pay for it all. I’m planning my leave, my escape from this little world dad and Leslie call home. Pretty soon my little brother will be calling it home, too.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Aiden. That’s the name that’s been officially decided for my future, so-called brother. Aiden. I kind of like the name, but I still don’t want a brother. My plan is starting to come together though….

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

I have decided that I’m going to leave the day Aiden is born. Leslie will be in the hospital, and dad right next to her. I’ll be ‘sick’ and stay home. I’m old enough; dad will let me stay. At least I hope he will… If being ‘sick’ doesn’t work, I’ll just say that I really don’t want to see someone giving birth. Even Leslie. Especially not Leslie. The baby’s due in about a month, so I have time to pack my bags…

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

I found the papers with the bank account numbers and passwords and stuff in dad’s sock drawer. It’s all easy stuff and has to do with my mom. It’s all stuff like my mom’s birthday, the color of her hair, eyes, etc… There are two passwords with stuff about dad but those are only the recent ones. I’ll take some money from an ATM or something. Maybe I’ll stop at the bank, but I still don’t know... I’ll figure something out.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

This is it! My bags are packed, Leslie’s water broke, and I’m ‘sick’. For the cops that are reading this, and dad and Leslie, you’ll never figure out where I’m staying. Oh and hey cops? Don’t bother asking any of my friends at school, no one knows what I’ve been planning. You can ask around if you want, but you won’t find anything. Dad, you never told me about any family, so I found my own place. Also, I’m sorry and no you’re not a horrible father. You just made a mistake meeting Leslie. And Leslie, I never liked you and I never will. Tell Aiden that I say hi and bi and hopefully I run into him someday.

buh bi people

© 2012 La Princesa


Author's Note

La Princesa
tell me what you think! criticism is greatly appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow! That was awesome! I really liked the conversational pieces, and how you made everything fit together, even though you didn't you descriptions !

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on October 18, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2012

Author

La Princesa
La Princesa

Lima, Peru



About
About me....hmmm.... well there's nothing really that interesting about me. I'm not your typical girl though, that's for sure. I write a lot, and absolutely love writing poems. My friends say I writ.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by La Princesa