Friendship

Friendship

A Poem by tynamite
"

What it means to have friends that support you, that you can spend time with.

"
One person alone, is not alot.
But one person, can make all the difference.
One can make the wait seem shorter.
And make my day, last out for longer.

One person can make me feel stronger.
Make me feel I've got my place.
In the world, so I can continue.
Doing what I do, seen by only you.

One person can give me strength.
Make me feel I can carry on.
That I have my place in the world.
And purpose in life to do what I do.

When the day ends, I think of the one.
And what I would do if they're gone.
Would I actually carry on?
Doing things, with nothing to show for it.

Three people can make me feel alive.
So I'll never have to think about how I'll survive.
Make me feel that the life I'm living.
Is the life I'm supposed to be living.

Make me soar over the old life I once had.
Make me feel how I used to feel.
Make me happy as I once was.
Make me secure, and more confident.

Nowadays, people are so different.
They're more different than they were before.
It's not that anyone has changed.
It's just that people aren't like each other any more.

Life is weird in a space of five minutes.
One minute you're normal, the next, you're truly happy.
People giving you direction in life.
Living life, the way you're meant to live it.

© 2011 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
I tried to think of the effect friends and support has on people.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem actually touched my heart and I enjoy reading it. Its amazing the way how you wrote it and its a really nice poem, I love it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


In the first line where it says alot, it should be a lot (I'm a total grammar nazi when it comes to that haha.) And thank you for the read request. I'm watching Saw IV right now, and I took a break to see if I had any new messages/read requests/friend request/etc. This was a nice break from my movie seeing as this wasn't gruesome or sickening. Actually, it was the complete opposite.

This poem made me smile, actually. I have friends that make me stronger, make me happier and make me complete. I think almost everyone can relate to this poem because they have someone close to them in their lives that made a difference to them. Each line was true and beautiful just the way friendship is. My favorite line (even though its hard to just choose one) would probably have to be either: "three people can make me feel alive, so I'll never have to think about how I'll survive" or "its not that anyone has changed, its that people aren't like each other anymore." Those lines are both true up to the very core of reason. I loved those lines because it made me stop and think. I loved poetry that can make me do that. Poetry that can make me think about it days after I've read them and use it in my every day knowledge. This poem will be added to that list, because its knowledge and logic that will come in handy one day.

This was a fantastic write. I'm so glad that you shared this with me because I love getting read requests. Keep on writing desbest. I can't wait to read more of your exotic and entertaining poetry for years to come. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a beautiful poem Desbest! I don't know what I'd do without my friends. We tell each other everything, lift each other when needed, and just have great times! Your poem said that, but much more poetic!
A great write about a very wondrous topic!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Friends indeed have a profound effect on us .We do find quite often that in our 20s we tend to lose friends over love more often than not.It isnt that they are different it is that lifes priorities have changed as most men know it will follow yo for 15 yrs .

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so beautiful. You've summed up all of the wonderful benefits of having a friend. They say that our friendships can be even closer than the relationships of romantic relations, because our friend's values, humor and beliefs are more similar to our own. I just love this uplifting poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very beautiful and well written poem. It has a deep meaning. Friendship is one of the most beautiful things someone can have- it's a treasure. It makes us stronger, it gives us the feeling of belonging somewhere, it makes a dark day seem brighter. Friendhsip is about trust and loyality.
"One person can make me feel stronger.
Make me feel I've got my place.
In the world, so I can continue.
Doing what I do, seen by only you." I really liked this stanza. So many emotions punched in just four lines. Brilliant piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

590 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2011

Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Torn Veil Torn Veil

A Poem by Dreamer