Reckless Driving

Reckless Driving

A Story by uberteff
"

driving on Indian roads has its after effects

"

 

The world of youth is a new world in itself. Youngsters riding at break-neck speed with their invertebrate friends clinging to their backs are no longer an alienated spectacle. Being true disciples of the ever illusive fashion gurus, they strive to keep in line with the latest trends. The demand for attraction and public attention has never been greater than in the twenty first century. The sudden surge in the urge for physical evidence of youthful independence drives young lads and lassies alike to what is presumed to be manifestation enough of their freedom �"speed racing through the highway.

The emotional transformation and dramatic mental changes makes youngsters go bananas over such feats that defy the laws of gravity. However, the need for effective expression of internal energy and stamina in display of manliness and wild youthful sense is acceptable in the early adolescent stage

Have you ever been caught up in the rush hour traffic of a metropolis? If you have, you would be no stranger to the long queue of vehicles of all shapes and sizes waiting impatiently for the signal lights to change, with their persistent, irksome unexceptionally loud honking that gets on your nerves and shatters your peace of mind; the snail-like pace that you must maintain as you inch your way up cautiously, hoping fervently that you would reach your destination on time. It sure is an exhausting and excruciating experience. After the seemingly long minute when the green traffic light shines, the vehicles dash forward as if they were being chased by a band of dacoits or riding for their life! The pleasure that the young derive from speed racing is ever incomprehensible to the not so young community.

If only there were strict traffic rules that all drivers abide by, there would be no collision among the two generations. Yet, this alone will not provide the solution ultimatum. In such a time when rules are made only to be broken, there has to be a revolution in the attitude, a resolution that the world changers have to take, if they wish to leave an indelible impact in this world.

© 2013 uberteff


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

159 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: driving, India