The Maze

The Maze

A Story by Rajeev

I find myself lost in a maze. So I sat down to collect my thoughts and find a way to get out. For a very long time I was lost in the thought of the exit and all the wonders it might hold. This was the motivation that aided my frantic searches, forced the recollection of routes, the analysis of wrong turns and the excitement to go on and on.

 Then suddenly one day in the midst of this chaos I surprisingly managed to fall asleep. There I had a dream, a dream that has never left my conscious as most true dreams, the dreams with the most ominous ring of brutal truth. I saw the route out of the maze in that dream and was most thrilled to finally comprehend what a great masterpiece this maze was. There were many ingeniously constructed wrong turns which gave an illusion of the right path. What was staggering was this, even though the number of wrong turns were limited, there was almost unlimited ways of getting lost to the combination of these turns .I then came to understand that only reason will get me so far, and only emotion even less far. The combination too was not enough and it still required the secret help from subconscious in the form of instinct. Finally, I also needed the greatest form of trust, the ability to trust myself absolutely.


This was an exhilarating dream for a while and I was lost to ecstasy. Then, suddenly, I had an inkling of being lost. By this time in my dream, I had all the necessary ingredients to gain all the riches that lay beyond the exit. I had mastered the maze. So I resolved to do the only thing that was left to do, actually leave the maze. As I reached the exit, I took a cautious peek outside and saw…………………………………………………………Absolutely nothing.


I woke up with a violent start and decided to put this on record, I do not know why I wanted to do it but here it is. I remember most of the dream clearly but alas, the exact exit route is erased from my memory.  As the writing is done now, I might as well get back and try to find the way out of the maze, for what else is there to do?

© 2014 Rajeev


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on February 6, 2014
Last Updated on February 6, 2014

Author

Rajeev
Rajeev

Writing
The Game The Game

A Poem by Rajeev


Senile faith Senile faith

A Poem by Rajeev


Life goes on Life goes on

A Poem by Rajeev