Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chunky

Chunky

A Story by jay verma
"

like a little children's story

"

Once upon a time, there lived a little bat. His was named Chunky. He lived with his own little group of bats. They all lived in the caves of a mountain deep in the woods, where the light of the sun can’t  reach to disturb them. They spent their days  sleeping silently in the caves. And in the darkness of the night they would come out to feed.


  One night, as usual, the little bat went out with his group to find food and they went a bit too far in their search. At last they found food in a forest that was very far from their cave. They and flew back to their home but the little bat got left behind. After some time when he saw here and there and  he realized that he was lost. He got very scared and started to cry. He was not able to fly more because his tiny wings were paining from that long flight.


  He stayed near a pond where there was a huge tree. He hanged himself upside down and slept under the branch of the tree. The next morning the sun was gently rising up high in the sky but he was still sleeping. A crane came there in search of his food and then saw him sleeping under the branch.


   The crane said him ‘Hey who are you and why are you sleeping here?’

   He replied ‘Sir I am Chunky and I am a bat, I came here in search of food last night with my group but they left without me.’


Crane asked ‘Are you a fool? You are saying you came at night in search of food. The night is not the right time to search for food or to do work.’


‘I don’t know anything, I just followed my group around and all that things are coming from our forefathers. Now leave me alone and let me sleep.’  

The crane said ‘don’t be a fool, see, the sun is on your head and all living things have started doing their work except you. So get up and do your work.’


   He replied ‘I don’t know what the sun is, I never seen or heard about it, then how can I believe you?’


 The crane said ‘Ok, if you will not see this, then how will you know about it? and you can ask anyone if you don’t believe me.’


  He replied ‘I will ask from this sparrow. Hey, sparrow, will you tell me what the sun is?’


 The sparrow replied ‘Are you blind? Are you not seeing the light? these are all possible by the power of the sun and it teaches us the lessons about time and the importance of time. It never gets tired of its busy schedule, it always come on time and goes back on time, and by this we all get to live our lives.’


  Now the little bat realized their mistake and went in search of food. He was very thankful of crane because he helped him  realize the truth. In the evening he came back to tree and slept. In the mean time, his group had come there searching for him and had luckily spotted him.


  They asked him ‘What are you doing out here?  Get down and come home with us. We are all hungry.’


   He replied ‘No, it’s not the right time to work or search for food; the day is right time for all these, because the sun comes to wake us up and all the animals do their work in the day.


  They said ‘You are a fool, who said all these to you, we never seen and heard about the sun. Our forefathers also have never said about it. Now please come to the Grandfather owl, because he is the judge of us all. And he makes all the decisions. He never lies’.


   They went to the old owl and told him everything that they had heard about the so called sun.  After heard everything he said ‘I have been here for the past forty years, and I have never seen or heard about the sun, and my forefathers have also never said anything about it, so I think he is telling a white lie or has gone mad, so I say that you to let him go from our group.


    Having heard the decision, Chunky started to walk away from his group, but he was very happy because he realized what the truth was and what the lie was, and he started to think: One bitter truth is better than thousands of sweet lies.

 

© 2011 jay verma


Author's Note

jay verma
wrote it with a friend, Scarlett.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011

Author

jay verma
jay verma

jaipur, rajasthan, India



About
I am happily waiting for my Love. The 6 years that i spent with her was the happiest moment of my life. I remember every second that we spent together. I will never move on without her, i have faith i.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by jay verma


Light Light

A Poem by jay verma