Secret World

Secret World

A Poem by rowanfaet
"

A tale of a dream so beautiful I long for it to be a reality.

"

There’s a secret world out there. Somewhere we cannot reach. I know it is real because I have seen it in my dreams. I see the lavender fields filled with new and unknown animals frolicking about. I see the sky and it’s immaculately bright shade of gray. It looks close enough and solid enough that I’m convinced I could reach up and capture it in a bottle for safe keeping. The air, oh the air. So clear, and oh so clean. I feel one breath will fill my lungs enough to last a thousand lifetimes. I can feel it, crisp and cold as it travels to my lungs and spreads itself out among them. It’s almost like drinking a crisp icy glass of water on a sweltering day of the summer. It is pure bliss to breathe this air. And what’s this I see atop the hill just beyond the lavender field?  A group of people? They look human but their beauty is otherworldly. It’s as if their skin shimmers. And it appears to be so smooth I believe I could ice skate on it and glide so easily I would not fall. They stand in a ring facing inward. They are all smiling and laughing. Their smiles are heavenly, they are drawing me in. I just want to smile with them. And that laugh, how does one even classify that as laughter? The melody is so pure, so angelic. How could one resist that sound? I must go to them. I must.

But then my eyes opened and I was forced back into this hellish nightmare we call a world. I must find my way back to sleep. I must find my way to that secret world. For only I can see it, and I can tell. The secret of happiness lies within that ring. 

© 2016 rowanfaet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me of how we all are always looking for what could ease our pain and just make us happy again. Desperately searching and the thoughts immediately bleed into our dreams. Hopefully you'll catch that happiness but in reality. One can always hope...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sounds a little bit like a visit to Heaven and not wanting to return to earth again. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


rowanfaet

7 Years Ago

If that is what heaven is like I would like to go.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016
Tags: fantasy, dreams, new worlds, secrets, universe, beauty, sleep

Author

rowanfaet
rowanfaet

About
I think it's good to be back more..

Writing
In Too Deep In Too Deep

A Story by rowanfaet


The Thaw The Thaw

A Poem by rowanfaet