Padmavati: Deepika not only played the character of the queen but lived it

Padmavati: Deepika not only played the character of the queen but lived it

A Story by Vikas Kumar
"

Blog - Lights, Camera and Action

"

Have you watched the trailer of Padmavati? Surely, you would have. It’s electric. With the release of the posters, the appearances of lead actors gave a glimpse of the royally confident attitudes and created an aura for the film. The series of posters started with Deepika Padukone. Her unibrow look, royal dress and heavy Rajasthani jewellery along with her facial expressions grabbed every eyeball. It was followed by first looks of Shahid Kapoor as Raja Rawal Ratan Singh and Ranveer Singh as Alauddin Khilji who build further excitement among the audiences. It was its result that as soon as the first trailer for the movie released, it crossed over two lakh views in just an hour. Now, the filmmakers have also released its first song Ghoomar, which has soon found a place in the favourite list of music lovers.

ghoomer
Deepika’s look in the song �" Ghoomar

Padmavati, a magnum opus of renowned film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, is scheduled to release on December 1. And the posters, trailers and songs tell that the movie is grander than any of his earlier work. It is going to take you on a mesmerizing visual journey.

The colour themes are also very significant. While red, yellow and white colours have been focused to show the prosperity and happiness in the Chittor, the dark colour theme is used for the Khilji’s that reflect the negativity and lust. The cinematography is also in the safe hands of National Award winner Sudeep Chatterjee. Cinematography, editing, VFX and background score all are spectacular in the trailer.

Imagine yourself in the theatres, sitting in front of the widescreen and you are not going to talk to the next person sitting by you. In the movie, you are going to utter just one word and many times �" WOW.

As far as huge sets of the film are concerned, director Sanjay Leela Bhansali is master of it. What he can show you on the silver screen is a tough task for others. Can you recall the sets of 2015 released Barjirao Mastani? Its famous Aaina Mahal (Hall of Mirrors) is remaining in the memories of the audience. You can expect the similar standard of set designing in Padmavati too �" grand and creative.

Aaina mahel
Aaina Mahal �" Bajirao Mastani

Coming back to the lead characters of the film. With her elegance, expressions, dialogue delivery and dance, Deepika executed this role superbly. With the glimpses shared by the filmmakers, it is apt to say that she has not only played the character of Padmavati but lived it.

Shahid Kapoor in his role of Rawal Ratan Singh, the Rajpoot ruler of Mewar, looks really handsome. He carries all the dignity of Rajpoots’ which is shown through his facial expressions and dialogue delivery, like this one �"

Chinta ko talwaar ki nok pe rakhe  wo Rajpoot,

Ret ki naaw lekar samander se shart lagaye wo Rajpoot,

Aur jiska sar kate phir bhi dhad dushman se ladta rhe wo Rajpoot.”

 

Ranveer Singh as Allauddin Khilji looks ferocious and aggressive. He does not utter even a single word but gets the full attention of the audience in his negative role. It’s not a soft target to play a negative character, especially when you have been portrayed as a hero in the last film of this kind. Ranveer has really worked hard to play his character’s lust and gloominess. Lighting has given a new spark to his character. When Khilji sees himself in the mirror, the use of light is superb and appropriate as per the character and the circumstance portrayed.

khil ji
Ranveer’s look in Padmavati

It would also be very interesting to see the cultural differences between the Khiljis’ and the Rajpoots’. The director has tried to give a proper depiction of the period through the costumes �" Rani Padmavati, in her red outfit that reflects her inner determination as a Rajpoot queen. Rawal Ratan Singh, in his cream and traditional attire, looks confident, responsible but overall it gives a feeling of the warrior. On the other hand, Ranveer, in his dark clothes and glazy and glossy diadem reflects his inner lusty side.

In the trailer, the director has given the idea how powerful and full of life, the dialogue is going to be.

“Rajpooti Kangan me utni hi taquat hai

Jitni Rajpooti talwaar me”

    These dialogues in the trailer are just a small part but the movie is going to be full of such catchy dialogues which will retain long in your mind.

 

Songs play an important role in the movies and Padmavati also heading forward in it. The flick has beautiful songs just like Bajirao Mastani had. T �" Series has just released Ghoomer song of the film and Deepika in the song is dancing elegantly with fire bowls in her hands.

The background music in the trailer �" “Rani sa” is superb and it is reflecting the valour of a Rajpoot queen. The songs of the movie are composed by the director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The background score is composed by Sanchit Balhara.

 

Along with audiences, the film has also attracted appreciations from the Hindi film industry. Renowned filmmaker Karan Johar appreciated the trailer of Padmavati and Bhansali in his tweet �"”Bhansali is the bonafide master craftsman of Indian cinema. Breathtaking and magnificent visuals all over #PadmavatiTrailer.” It seems that the whole  Bollywood is waiting for the release of the film.

 

Although it is obvious that the climax of the film would be sad but it will surely have a deep impression of Rajputi valour and the Jauhar on the audience.

 

Article By �" Vikas Kumar

© 2017 Vikas Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on October 29, 2017
Last Updated on October 29, 2017

Author

Vikas Kumar
Vikas Kumar

Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India



About
Hi, I am Vikas Kumar. I love writing about the realistic life around me. more..

Writing
Future Future

A Screenplay by Vikas Kumar