Here We Drink Tea

Here We Drink Tea

A Chapter by WanderAsia
"

I left my home a little over a year ago to find something in a world that I knew nothing of, but a world I wanted to know everything of. I now find myself living in Asia a place saturated with people.

"

If you want to stand tall, you need to look at the real picture. Not the one that has been created, the one that has been painted or the one that you have conjured in your head. No. Not that one. The one that is difficult to see. The one that, in its artificiality is ultimately the true reflection of reality of who and what someone is. You, as a self-preserving being are obliged to look at their size.

 

Not their physical size, but the one formed with their life choices, their actions, their thoughts, their words and their honesty. You have to look at how big they have become in hard life. Whether life crippled them like a small child struggles to recover from a traumatic birth, resulting in a child that will always be scarred or simply smaller than others. Their growth retarded. You have to look at how the umbilical cord was cut.  If it ever was cut. You have to notice the small things. Note their behaviour in stressful situations. Dissect their reaction and choices made. If they have a choice, how do they react when faced with a situations where they have to choose between one more honourable but less beneficial direction or one less honourable but more beneficial. What choice do they make? Is it consistent? 

 

The individuals that have faced many mountains in their lifetime have the choice, by chance or will, to change and grow bigger as a person.  Some experience growth spurts, some project a larger person than what they really are and some flinch and fall into darkness... Overshadowed always by the larger characters we are met with every day.

 

The little ones have two choices, grow or retard others' growth. The honourable, grow. The less honourable start attacking. Convinced that if they delay the growth of others they will seem bigger to themselves and others. Sadly, some of these characters are successful.  Others, not so much.

 

One of these small characters tried to stub my growth. He nearly succeeded, fortunately he did not. And here I am today. Looking down on a man a head taller than me in the physical world, but in the mental realm I rule. In the emotional realm I conquer.

 

I watch as his facade fades to dust swept away by my fiery. Swept away by my joy. Swept away by my neglect. One does not feed a weed growing in your garden. You rip it out, not to leave a big gaping hole in your garden, but to replace it with flowers. Lots and lots of flowers that he would never have given you.

 

I am the landscaper.  I am the designer of my world. If you are small you have no place here. If you are merely a projection, you are not welcome. If you are larger than life, please join, we drink tea on Sundays covered with icing.

 

Here is to the big. The ones that walk. The ones that make the hard decisions.  The ones that believe in honour, honesty and love. Here is to one's that have climbed mountains no one can see. No one can name.

 

Play outside little ones, the adults want play the game called life and we don't tolerate belittling. We don't tolerate lies. We don't tolerate pathetic self-satisfactory habits. We embrace love, kindness, patience, loyalty, trust, selflessness and inner beauty.



© 2015 WanderAsia


Author's Note

WanderAsia
Would love to know what your thoughts are on my writing style.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Powerfully written with so much reality..................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WanderAsia

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for my very first review Reflection!
 1

9 Years Ago

Of course! it is a nice read!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on March 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 7, 2015
Tags: travel, experience, growth, reflection, time, culture, love, obstacles