Silent Weeping

Silent Weeping

A Story by The Morbid The Merrier
"

Prompt 9: Part 3

"

His fingers are still on me. He sighs, I sigh. I can tell he’s frustrated and under pressure; there’s been a lot of shouting going on lately, and he isn’t as gentle with me as he was two weeks ago.

I gently touch his finger and he jumps from the noise. My voice echoes and I wonder if I am heard; I don’t like him like this, all sad and brooding.

Finally, for the first time in many weeks, I am heard. He stares at me for a long time, before he begins to fiddle and play around with me, trying to combine sounds that I offer him in an order that seems appealing. I suggest this tune and that, he just nods absentmindedly.

He stopped for a while and I wondered if he was going to give up, until I heard him hum to a combination of sounds and chords that I offered. I smiled. He was getting back on track. He played, letting me digest the content and letting me listen.

The melody was bittersweet, and with bittersweet melodies comes bittersweet lyrics.

He stopped and I willed him to continue, willed him to hear me. I knew the words that could go with the music, I knew what was missing and what it was lacking.

I wondered briefly if he felt the desperation and words that came to the mind oozing from me, because he fished a pen out of his pocket and began to write on a shoddy, pathetic looking piece of paper.

He started to sing and I sang along with him. He was rough and his playing hurt me, but I put it aside for the moment. As long as he was playing again.

The lyrics were sung with his deep, baritone voice, and my low, contralto voice, blending into a perfect harmony; it was perfect.

He put me down and I saw him run out of the door, shoddy looking paper in hand.

I smiled, sad. I would always look at that paper; the one with his wonderful name on, the one that gave him an honourable title of composer and lyricist, and I would feel hurt, but only momentarily.

I had to put up my best show. I had to be happy in order for him to be happy.


© 2010 The Morbid The Merrier


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
Added on November 19, 2010
Last Updated on November 19, 2010

Author

The Morbid The Merrier
The Morbid The Merrier

San Juan, Puerto Rico



About
This part "About Me" is indeed quite empty. I don't want to put info up here because I don't want you to pay attention to me, or like me, but my writing. Create a playlist at MixPod.com more..

Writing