A Beautiful Mind (2001)

A Beautiful Mind (2001)

A Story by Doug Ordunio
"

movie about a great mathematician

"

Director: Ron Howard

 

This amazing film focuses on the life of a real person, John Nash (Russell Crowe), who was a mathematician at Princeton. Pre-occupied with his work, obsessed with numbers and formulae, he is quite socially inept and basically does not like people. At first, he is unable to publish anything of worth because he is in search of a truly original idea.  Eventually, he comes up with one idea concerning the laws of governing dynamics and is offered an appointment at MIT along with two friends.

 

A student in one of his classes, Alicia Larde (Jennifer Connelly) intrigues him and they fall in love. They eventually marry, but  soon after, it becomes clear that Nash is suffering from schizophrenia, and that he needs help to survive. Gradually, he comes to understand that he is suffering from hallucinations which are as real to him as the numbers and theories he works with.

 

Although the trials are severe, Nash was able to be awarded the Nobel Prize for his work. It demonstrates what one man will go through to succeed, and what one woman will do for love.

 

Other supporting actors include Ed Harris, Christopher Plummer. Music is by James Horner.

© 2011 Doug Ordunio


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1233 Views
Added on October 25, 2011
Last Updated on October 25, 2011

Author

Doug Ordunio
Doug Ordunio

Tujunga, CA



About
I have been writing for a little while-- Please read and you might be entertained. Please don't send me tons of read requests. If you must send one, make sure it's your best stuff. From me, you will.. more..

Writing