Meghan

Meghan

A Story by Madison Wisdom
"

A young teen has had struggles throughout her entire life, and everything seems to be getting worse and worse by the minute. Her father died at a young age, now it's just her and her alcoholic mother.

"
The bright sun was shining through the window, early in the Spring morning. Meghan rose slowly. She could hear the birds singing sweet, soft tunes from the trees. She was very nervous for this day. Her heart started beating very fast when she woke up. 
" Today is surgery day. " She thought in her head. 
Once Meghan was up and dressed her mom barged into her room and asked in a drunk voice, " Meghan are you ready yet? " 
Meghan answered quietly, " yes mom, I'm almost ready. " " Good cause I have a date right after, so this needs to be fast. " Her mom then walked out of the room, stumbling from wall to wall. Once she was out Meghan slammed her door and bursts into tears. Not knowing what to do at this point, she pulls out a pen and her notebook. She writes at the top of the paper. " May 10th, 2015, I woke up maybe only 20 minuets ago, and I'm ready to go back to bed. I thought mom would've been all sobered up by now. I don't see how you can be out all night, knowing the next day your daughter has surgery. I think she forgot the fact that I have a stupid tumor on my heart. Guess it doesn't really matter much to anyone anyways. I want dad back, or maybe I should just leave and be up there with him. " 
Meghan and her mother got to the doctors office at 8 in the morning. It is a 12 hour operation and with her mother forgetting, Meghan was there all alone after recovery. The doctors asked her " Do you know where she could've went? " Talking about Meghan's mother, but she had no idea where she was having this date at. She sat there for hours, and finally a police man came to talk to her. " Meghan my name is Carter, " he said to her, " I understand that your mother left while you were in surgery, and it doesn't look like she's coming back anytime soon. I wish I were able to take you home, but a parent has to be with you for the hospital to release you. So I'm sorry but I'm going to have to take you to foster care. " and that broke her heart, more than it was already broken. 
It's been three days and Meghan's mom still hasn't shown. She's getting closer and closer to losing me, Meghan thought to her self. Officer Carter came to talk to her again. He had her fill out an information packet about Meghan's mom and her. When she was done, she was taken into a small bedroom with a television, a bed, a desk, and the bathroom was down the hall. She then realized she didn't want to be in the world no longer. Nor did she want to be Meghan at all. 

© 2016 Madison Wisdom


Author's Note

Madison Wisdom
Not my best...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on March 1, 2016
Last Updated on March 1, 2016

Author

Madison Wisdom
Madison Wisdom

Wichita, KS



About
I'm only 13, going on 14. I love writing but writing in a journal get's pretty boring after a while. Hoping that this website will be what I was looking for. I love all types of genres. more..