Fly Above The Storm! -RELIGIOUS

Fly Above The Storm! -RELIGIOUS

A Poem by Sheila Kline
"

As storms of life smack us square in the face......how do we handle them? Let the example of the majestic eagle serve as the way to soar above the adversities of life!

"

Photobucket

Fly Above The Storm photo FlyAboveTheStorm_zpse1ea3635.jpg

Photobucket

 

Isaiah 40:31 NIV....but those who hope in the Lord will renew

their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles, they will

run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Sheila Kline


Author's Note

Sheila Kline
FLY ABOVE THE STORM!

As storms smack us squarely in the face,
And we feel we are losing another race,
Or slipping down a wet, rocky slope,
Let’s not forget that glimmer of hope!

As troubles tempt us to forsake trust,
And we're trapped in a stormy gust,
Or we've lost any sense of how or why,
Let’s lift our eyes high into God's sky!

Look up to the Heavens as eagles soar,
Flying away from aeries so safe before,
As a storm of life again aims at them,
To find safety in the wind from mayhem!

These birds know to rise above the storm.
Spiraling up, up in sleek, graceful form,
Like ribbons drifting among swift breezes.
To safe haven before storm's rage seizes!

Let us see and accept a lesson from this act.
Find safest harbor, an example of wise fact.
Let’s tuck worries ‘neath calm wings of life,
When overwhelmed by adversity and strife!

As the majestic eagle rises higher in the skies,
Meeting storms of life, accepting all the whys,
We can manage difficulty if we'll comprehend,
By rising above storms, we can win in the end!

As calm arrives before another angry storm,
Let us to the wise ways of the eagle conform.
Learn to overcome harshest blows of life,
And cut trouble's knots with a healing knife!

Let not mind and spirit be hindered by the "whys".
Boldly release troubles and their unwelcome sighs.
Tuck all in the safety of calm air above the wind,
Where the eagle joins forces of a faithful friend!

Forge on; conquer all challenges, yours and mine,
Understand they are allowed by God Most Divine.
His eternal love lets us weather all of life's storms,
Overcome defeat, failure, loss as our spirit conforms!

ACCEPT, UNDERSTAND, EMBRACE

Love, is pure love of a spirit that we come to know,
As our Heavenly Father does His compassion show,
Like the eagle’s flight, leaving his troubles behind,
Abiding faith in His promise we do gloriously find!

HALLELUJAH!

LIKE A MIGHTY EAGLE, FLY ABOVE THE STORM!

Sheila Bowyer Kline

Isaiah 40:31 NIV....but those who hope in the Lord will renew
their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will
run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

To ask a question like, " why this happened to me or why there is poverty, hurricanes, tornados, wars, misery etc in the world?" is like doubting GOD and asking HIM, "Do YOU exist?"
And that is such a foolish act....
GOD exists and I am grateful to you for writing such an powerful poem....which gave all of us a platform to share our views....

whatever happens on this earth is according to a divine plan and the best we can do is to just try hard to make a difference in the surrounding around us...and not complain and get engrossed in our own selves and forget GOD and HIS creations...

if we are fortunate, we have to come forward and share that with less fortunate ones....and THAT is what GOD wants...simple...

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Congrats on your great winning poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A Powerful piece. It is amazing , so inspirational and beautiful Warms arms that confort and protect from our heavenly father how truly beautiful. Excellent piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

God is our umbrella in the storms of life...ready to sheild us from the rain...but we must remember to always carry it with us, not put it aside, hoping the sun will always shine!

Good one Sheila!

Bea

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good for you! Beautifully written, great metaphors and imagery. Hang in there my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are such an inspiration......as is this poem! The beauty of each verse and line flows so smoothly into one another. Your grasp on the English language is just as firm and beautiful as your faith. I know that I have questioned God a lot over the years through suffering but now I just look to Him through tears of faith to answer all of my cries and He hears me. It's not always the way I want and especially not the time that I want it to be but He is faithful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you my friend for sharing your beautiful poem and words of wisdom, God bless you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amen... I believe it has, I to went through a troubled storm from my past. it was like a tornado, how it wipe me out in one blow, I lost my way, and hit rock bottom. I drank to only drown out the pain, I never really had anyone to talk to, but my paper and pen. I have written my problems down, a way of letting stress out. But in the end I looked at myself in the mirror, before I lost myself completely, and prayed for God to help me through my dark and dreaded moment. I was on the edge to eliminate myself, but I knew that it was a sin. As a person who grew up in a church. I believe God is watching over us, and I believe God is watching over me, in those times I was sad, hurt, and destroyed. I had enough strength to reach out for his hand, and I know he loves me. I forget at times to pray, but I thank him for the precious gift of life.. in our times of trouble. We do have angels amung us, they are called friends, our best friend is our guardian, they listen to us, and hug us when we need it, but most importantly, they are there in our desperate time of need. they seem to call when we feel lost, and they care for us...your poem is beautiful, thanks for sharing. and God bless you my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sheila, it was an honor and a pleasure to read this. You have a wonderful way with rhyme and meter, but I was overtaken by the content itself. Wonderful message beautifully expressed! Wow... thank you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear Sheila,

Knowing the storms in your life, this is truly uplifting and flying with the eagle. Well done. I like to see poetry like this from you. It is triumphant. Congratualtions. This poem will bring solace in times of pain. Keep the image of the eagle with you.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shelia, you have an amazing ability to pen rhymes, this is beautifully well written and beautifully expressed,
I could envision the landscape, the freeness within your thoughts that flows ever so gracefully
and allows the reader to feel exactly what the author is feeling, reading your work is a pleasure,
and I loved this, the graphics mended in nicely as well, these are heart psalms, andyou are very wise.
thanks for sharing this gem

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1973 Views
20 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 26, 2009
Last Updated on August 23, 2013
Tags: Overcome, Survival, Adversity, Eagle, Faith, Healing

Author

Sheila Kline
Sheila Kline

WV



About
I am a Poetess of Multiplicity who also enjoys genealogy research, current events, folk ballads and Irish/Celtic music, and I am a grand lover of dogs! I strive to live by the philosophy o.. more..

Writing