Liars

Liars

A Story by Clandestine Archipelago
"

Philosophically.

"
Maybe we learned this in summer camp. Maybe we learned this in speaking with one another. At times they were one and the same. We needed a foundation.

When Micky first pointed out the class of all things hodge-podge we broke them down. We moved them around. We reinhabited the living, the dead, the misbegotten, the woebegone, the existent with our own mortal (mis)conceptions. Every lie we told was in some way based on a lie that have become true. Most couldn't be found anywhere except in the interstices of human communication.

We were probably despicable. To some. There were those who adored us. We never let them down. If we did we never knew about it. The ones we let down; they were gone. They had probably never existed. What was between us had been, but then we realized it wasn't. So we passed along our own forms; our own shadows; our own bright lights between black worms - fumbling in what appeared to be a mist, what appeared to be clarity, what appeared and was always spoken and left unsaid.

That is where the confusion began. We dug deep enough to find meaning in everything. We scoured the earth. Beginning around us we found specks and larger. We examined and disturbed and probed and played. None of them - the thoughts - led us anywhere. We were where we had begun. That's the sad thing about time. So much of it has come before that no matter the length of time we live we die before we even begin. I'd laugh at this if I could, but I don't think I know what laughter is anymore. I once did. I mapped it to green grass and monuments to concepts of passion and frenzied motives.

© 2017 Clandestine Archipelago


Author's Note

Clandestine Archipelago
Compare with an African Swallow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on September 27, 2017
Last Updated on September 27, 2017
Tags: I, want, Ed, too, be, leave